*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
19
20
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/904085-Super-Bowl-and-Hate-Fear-Connection
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#904085 added February 6, 2017 at 2:14pm
Restrictions: None
Super Bowl and Hate-Fear Connection
Prompt: "In time, we hate that which we often fear"
Shakespeare, Antony and Cleopatra, Act 1, Scene 3
Has this happened to you or to people you know? What are your thoughts on fear-hate connection?


-----------

Yes, I have seen in many instances and people where someone who feared something or some person ended up hating the feared one. The worst thing is, as human behavior goes, instead of trying to face the fear and taming it, people act on their ‘hate’ feelings, destroying lives and property and possibly hurting their own lives in some very creative(!) ways.

This type of reflected behavior could be because fear is an unpleasant emotion we don’t like to admit to ourselves because fear means weakness. For that reason, no one likes to admit that he is fearful of something or someone, for not wanting to look like a coward, a wimp, or a scaredy cat, with my apologies to felines.

The question to ask, if fact, is not why we hate what we fear, but it is, “Does fear cause hate or does hate cause fear?” This cause and effect sequence may reverse itself at times, even if, in some situations, fear may be the initial culprit, starting the roll of any unfortunate events. Concerning hate’s role, I mean the beginning of the destruction scenario, which starts with the dislike of being threatened, then letting that dislike grow large into the pufferfish of hate to poison people’s actions.

After all, isn’t it the hate that almost always makes people misbehave?


Free clip art



Prompt: *Football* Today is Super Bowl Sunday! What kind of snacks are you bringing to my party? Everyone's gotta bring an appetizer, a side dish to pass, and a beverage...what are your go-to party recipes?

============

Appetizer--Spanakopita- I buy them frozen and put them in the oven ( 400 degrees ) after spraying them with olive oil. In about 25 min., they are ready. It is such a lazy-woman dish and it gets sincere applause…always.

A side dish—Eggplant salad—I wash the eggplant, wrap it with foil and toss it in the oven. (can be baked together with Spanakopita). Just about the same time with Spanakopita, it should be ready. If not soft to the touch, it isn’t ready, so I give it ten more minutes. I take it out of the oven and let it cool a bit. Then I cut the eggplant in half and take off the outer peel and if it has too many seeds in the middle, I scrape them off and cut or mash the flesh. I make a salad with the eggplant, by adding black olives, grape tomatoes, fresh chives and scallions, two or three mashed or grated garlic cloves, salt and pepper, olive oil and vinegar, and I toss everything together. I guess this recipe could be written shorter, but I am not perfect…ever!

Beverage—Apple Cider and a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc. Apple Cider is for me and the wine is for you.

I am happy Patriots won, by the way, as I am from New England. *Smile*

© Copyright 2017 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/904085-Super-Bowl-and-Hate-Fear-Connection