*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/903930-Third-Life
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2076320
A third blog? A good idea? A fresh start? A disaster? An omen? ...who knows anything?
#903930 added February 4, 2017 at 2:07pm
Restrictions: None
Third Life

‭I have now been in my new home for ten days. It's not long, but I'm already convinced I have made the right decision.

A totally fresh start in a new place means life has changed a lot. Of course I'm still me and unfortunately I can't do a great deal about that. Circumstances and the past can't be altered either, so I know I will carry the heartache of loss for the rest of my days, but that is something that comes to us all in time. Acceptance, faith and hope are as much as we can ask for.

But this is a different phase, almost certainly the last of my lifetime. My friend John calls it my 'third life.' There was the life before my marriage, the years I spent with my husband and now the time without him lies ahead. But it will always be one day at a time sweet Jesus.

Moving day was stressful I won't lie, but it was mainly the attitude and behaviour of my buyers that caused the problems. But they are not part of my life now so there is little point dwelling on it. The ten days I have lived in Newark have been very busy with many practical formalities to attend to, but every day has been a pleasure in many ways. The house, the location, the town, the river, the countryside all hold special charms which put a smile on my face every day,

Dennis has settled very well too and has started going out exploring the world. It's a very quiet and safe area for a cat so I don't worry too much when he doesn't arrive home before his bedtime. The weather I can do nothing about and it has been pretty drab and wet, yet it hasn't stopped me getting out and about and enjoying this lovely place. I have achieved a lot in ten days and have already met some very pleasant people as well as seeing my established friends.

Today has been a much brighter day so I have walked along the river, around the castle, churchyard and the town taking photographs which I hope to post once I have the Internet up and running properly

This is a town full of history, natural beauty and quirkiness. Large enough to find new things to explore each day, yet compact enough to get around on foot. It has many lovely walks to tackle.

I shall be sorting my things out for a long time to come as alterations and improvements are made to the house. I already feel like I never want to see another box ever again but you know me; never want to complain *Wink*

© Copyright 2017 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/903930-Third-Life