*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/904065-Silence-What-is-that
Rated: GC · Book · Opinion · #1591550
One writer's journey
#904065 added February 6, 2017 at 3:52pm
Restrictions: None
Silence. What is that?
Prompt: So...uhhh, what do you do during awkward silences?

There's an awkward silence? *Shock* No!

You know that person that is constantly chattering on and chimes in with their two cents? The one you wish would just shut up? The one that can get annoying with too many questions, or feigned interest. You know where this is going right? It's me. It's me! *Laugh* It's true. I'm the chatterbox. The blunt one who can make the awkward silence happen by putting you on the spot, and then abruptly change the subject so fast you get whiplash. *Laugh* It's a gift. What can I say?

I'm the one my family comes to to get answers out of others. If they can't ask themselves, they get me to do it because they know I have no problems being blunt, or digging into your personal life. Oh, and I do it with a smile. I mean, who can resist a sweet smile?


Me: When are you going to get a job? Or do you like being a lazy ass?
Uncle: *Rolleyes*
Me: Hey did you hear that there's a new 24 coming out? *snicker*




Update! I'm adding this because it is so damn funny to me. After I posted, got offline and started getting ready for work, who should text me??? The uncle! I was thinking his ears must be burning, but not wanting to deal with his wrath I decided not to mention he made my blog entry today. Just need to keep our text messages for posterity *Laugh*

Uncle: Excuse me miss, have you any cans on this fine day.
Me: Lmao. Yes, sir. There are quite a few prospects in the garage. Would you like me to drop them off on my way to work?
Uncle: That would be very nice. I look forward to hearing from you. Might that be about 10ish?
Me: Yes. I'll text you when I'm on my way
Uncle. Very good. Ta ta


Though now I'm wondering who that person was texting me and what they did with my uncle! *Laugh*





GROUP
30-Day Bloggers Group  (13+)
Among the best bloggers on WDC can be found here. Join us, and expand your readership.
#1788309 by Fivesixer

© Copyright 2017 Purple Princess (UN: purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Purple Princess has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/904065-Silence-What-is-that