*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/904128-Holes-in-Your-Head-Anyone
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#904128 added February 7, 2017 at 6:32am
Restrictions: None
Holes in Your Head Anyone?
"Holes in Your Head Anyone?

Just another of my many signatures

** Image ID #2110407 Unavailable **

The February 7, 2017 prompt for the 30 DBC is "What is the weirdest way you have ever heard of someone trying to cure a cold or a headache?"

The funniest cure I've ever heard of, which I'm almost certain would be a permanent cure, is found in chapter 2 of the book Alcoholics Anonymous where an alcoholic's drinking to cure his/her problems is likened to having a headache and hitting himself in the head with a hammer to cure it.

Now to get to some of the weirder ways I've heard of curing a headache. The weirdest one I have ever heard of would have to be one reported by Gone Gonzo with the Escapistmagazine.com He reports that in medieval times doctors would drill holes in the heads of their patients to cure headaches. This was thought to allow the demons causing the headache to escape. Perhaps this is where the cliche' "I need that like I need a hole in my head," comes from?

At any rate I personally think I'll stick with ibuprofen or Tylenol rather than turning my head into Swiss cheese. I have enough trouble as it is. I tell my girlfriend all the time that the rocks in her head fill the holes in mine.

Group signature.

218143218143

© Copyright 2017 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/904128-Holes-in-Your-Head-Anyone