*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/904189-Forest-Fires
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#904189 added February 7, 2017 at 10:59pm
Restrictions: None
Forest Fires
"Forest Fires

Blog City image small

Just another of my many signatures

** Image ID #2110407 Unavailable **


The Blog City Prompt Forum prompt for February 8, 2017 is "Prompt: "A word is dead when it is said some say. I say it begins to live that day." Emily Dickinson How do you interpret this quote? "

I think I have to agree with Emily. I was never a big fan of her poetry. I'm more of a Robert Frost guy, but Emily is on target with this statement. Words are useless until they are used. I can have a million thoughts and they can be very productive thoughts. However until I either write those thoughts down or verbally share them with another person, they are still just thoughts. My brother had a saying that I adopted and modified some. He used to say"I'm working on my second million, my first one got away."

I adopted that to say "I'm working on my second million. My first one was a fantasy."

Words are useless unless they are used. Words have a ton of power, The New Testament writer James says "And the tongue is like a fire. It is a world of wrong, occupying it's place in our bodies and spreading evil throughout our whole being. It sets on fire the whole course of our existence with a fire that comes from hell itself,: James 3: 6.

If James, a writer writing the inspired word of God, says that spoken words have the power to start a forest fire, then I have to assume that anything with energy is anything but dead.


218143218143

© Copyright 2017 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/904189-Forest-Fires