*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/904444-February-11th-2017
Rated: E · Book · Writing.Com · #2107082
I am willing to try anything once. But there are some genres I will never try to write.
#904444 added February 11, 2017 at 6:44pm
Restrictions: None
February 11th, 2017
Supernatural


I’m not a big fan of the Supernatural genre when it comes to writing. I do like it in television and movies a lot more, especially television. Two of my favorites are the X-files and Buffy, The Vampire Slayer. What I liked about both is that they were supernatural with a hint of Horror/Scary and/or Science Fiction.

A lot of people think that Supernatural, Horror/Scary, and Science Fiction are all the same thing. I disagree. Sure, there are a lot of similarities among them. Especially Supernatural and Horror/Scary. But they are more different than they are similar.

That’s what I like to watch. It’s a little different when it comes to reading and writing, especially writing. I can read almost anything. There are some subjects that I shy away from. But that doesn’t mean I can’t read them. Poetry is one of them. That’s probably because I can’t write one. I did try to do one a few months ago, for another phony contest. If you would like to read it it’s in this portfolio.

The same is true about writing Supernatural. It’s not that I can’t write Supernatural because I have, sort of. True, I haven’t written any Supernatural stories. At least not in the first genre category. In fact, I haven’t written any in the second or third genre category either. But I have written several Horror/Scary and Science Fiction stories that most of you would, or have, consider Supernatural.

In a lot of ways, I agree with you. A lot of my stories, especially my Horror/Scary ones, are a little bit Supernatural. But I don’t agree that they are, though. Some Supernatural doesn’t make it a Supernatural. Am I wrong about that? What do you think you, Supernatural writers?

Does all this mean I won’t write any pure Supernatural stories in the future? I just might. In fact, I’m thinking about adding one to my group of non-Science Fiction Novels this year.




© Copyright 2017 PureSciFiPlus (UN: purescifi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFiPlus has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/904444-February-11th-2017