*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/904457
by jaya
Rated: E · Book · Educational · #2110197
A chain of vignettes.
#904457 added February 12, 2017 at 4:02am
Restrictions: None
F-12 Words-375
on either side of it. John compared the peace in his town with the clamor and noise of the city. He sighed with relief at the thought that he chose country life rather than being attracted by the glamour of city lights.
As he reflected on the events of the day, his mind also dwelt on Cathy, a woman with her wits around her. Her practical approach and sympathetic attitude impressed him. John otherwise wouldn’t spend so much time at one place. She didn’t waste time either.
However, John was truly worried about the money theft. His mind went back to the past in order to trace the events that led him to lose sight of his check book. Whom did he give it to? He was lingering on the thought and he remembered having met a new face, a new friend of Oliver, Rod’s only son. A few weeks before, they visited his stable to look for a fine race horse. John remembered to have been introduced to him by Oliver.

“Uncle John, this is Jake, who goes to the same school as I”
“Hello sir. Thanks for letting me look at your horses. Oliver told me what a fine horseman you are. My dad’s friend wants to buy a race horse. Oliver suggested I visit your place first. I am glad to have come. I am sure I am going to get what I need with the help of your advice,” Jake said suavely.
“Glad to, “said John with usual cheer and a hail-fellow-well-met spirit.
“You can take as much time as you want. Ol, you can bring him over to house and both of you can dine with us,” continued John.

They left the country side by evening after enjoying John’s hospitality and his friendly nature. John drove the boys who were about to be twenty, in his van showing them various activities happening on the fields, orchards and farms. After dropping them at the station, John returned home. He crossed over to the front hall and was about go upstairs to his bedroom when he noticed one of his check books lying on the side table. I must have forgotten to pick it up, thought. He took it with him and
© Copyright 2017 jaya (UN: vindhya at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
jaya has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/904457