*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/904617-The-Adorable-Mr-Hopeman
Rated: 13+ · Book · Nonsense · #2050715
Thoughts and takes on the way life presents....
#904617 added February 14, 2017 at 2:16pm
Restrictions: None
The Adorable Mr. Hopeman
As a result of a conversation with the youngest child and only daughter, Mr. Hopeman made a life-changing decision. The daughter said: You know, you don't have to do it this way because that's what everyone wants you to do. You don’t have to eat breakfast, you don’t have to get dressed in the morning, you can do whatever you want to do. So at 96 he decided she was right.
The next morning he refused all meds. “I’m going out like a man and I’m not taking any more meds. Give me some maple ice cream, dammit.”
For the first time, he is doing it his way, and that means no please and thank you, no rules, no good or bad behavior. He just gets it ALL his way. And that includes ice cream for breakfast. Especially ice cream for breakfast. Not just any ice cream. It has to be maple ice cream … dammit.

© Copyright 2017 Cheri Annemos (UN: cheri55422 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cheri Annemos has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/904617-The-Adorable-Mr-Hopeman