*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/905027-Mariannes
Rated: GC · Book · Opinion · #1591550
One writer's journey
#905027 added February 20, 2017 at 7:08am
Restrictions: None
Marianne's
Prompt: What is the most embarrassing thing (merchandise, employee, customer, or otherwise) you can recall seeing in a retail store environment?

Fresh out of high school and a brief semester at college, I started working in retail. What girl doesn't like getting a glimpse of new clothing before the public? About two years later I became assistant manager. I loved my job. I worked with awesome people. It was a five minute drive from home and I spent half my paycheck on new clothes constantly. *Laugh*

I have so many stories of working there, so I think I may take this prompt a little bit further. Cause it's my blog dang it and I can! [insert maniacal laugh here]

Most embarrassing:
That would be Christmas Eve. The absolute worst day to work in retail. People suck and it shows on this day more than any other day. This woman had come into the store the night before and I was closing. She asked if we'd hang onto to clothes. We had a policy. You must buy them that same day or they will be put back out onto the floor. Which she was told. So the next day, the line is halfway back through the store, and she asks where the clothes are from the night before. I told her we only hold items until 9pm that day. She starts yelling. I'm waiting on a customer. We have two registers going and she loses her mind over the clothing. We argue back and forth and I send one of the other girls to go grab my boss from the backroom because I wasn't going to stand there and let her keep screaming at me.

We kept arguing, and she calls me a Bitch. I totally lost my mind and started to climb the counter to attack her. *Laugh* True story I swear. Another girl actually grabbed my leg and prevented me from getting fully on top of that counter. When my boss came out I relayed the story and that woman LIED and said she never called me a bitch. I swear to God I wanted to slap her upside the head. I looked down at all these people standing in line who saw and heard everything and I said. "I'm not the only one who heard it. Who else heard her call me a bitch?" No one spoke. God it was insane. My boss pulled the woman to the side, where of course she admitted what she said.

Needless to say, I was embarrassed by my actions. I engaged her in the argument. I jumped onto the counter in front of at least 30 people to attack the woman. And I was wearing a skirt! *Shock*

Most Disgusting:
Would you believe that someone actually took a dump in a pair of underwear, put said pantie in the pocket of a pair of jeans, which they left in the dressing room. Lucky me I got to be the one to put the clothing back on the floor, pulled the pantie out and ewwwwwww nasty!

Most Annoying
Being Assistant manager means no perks. I was working with one other girl. Suspicious people came in. I was getting things ready for us to close up for the night and told her to go to the front of the store and watch them. She moved to the front of the counter, but wouldn't go up front. I told her again. She took two steps, too scared in case something went down. So I finally come around the counter, and start moving in their direction. When I was about 3 feet away, they bolted out of the door, leaving behind a huge garbage full of clothing they were going to run out of the store with. Well guess who got the $50 bonus for looking out of the store? Not me! Yep, being a manager it's my job. Man was I annoyed about that for weeks!

I could go on. So many stories, but to this day, it remains my favorite job.

"30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS"   by Fivesixer



© Copyright 2017 Purple is House Florent (UN: purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Purple is House Florent has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/905027-Mariannes