*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/905326-Bucket-List
Rated: GC · Book · Opinion · #1591550
One writer's journey
#905326 added February 23, 2017 at 6:57am
Restrictions: None
Bucket List
Prompt: Come up with a Top 10 list- any topic or subject you'd like- and explain briefly your reasoning behind each pick.

Oh the Places I wanna Go!

10 ~ Las Vegas
Vegas seems like a cool place to visit. I also wrote one of my romance novels around it, and went through a bunch of books trying to get the strip right in my mind. Seeing it firsthand would be awesome.

9 ~ Maine
I have a 4 book series that revolves around Maine. I don't know why I picked this location, but Maine always seemed like it would be an interesting place to be. If you look at a map, it's like the beginning of the United States on the Atlantic Ocean Side.

8 ~ Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona,
Who doesn't want to visit this place? Countless movies and television shows have used the Grand Canyon as a backdrop. It looks so enormous, and even has a waterfall. I love waterfalls. I think I could get lost there and not want to come back home. *Laugh*

7 ~ Nashville, TN
I've been here once and loved it. I did a lot of site seeing where I was here and loved walking around and checking out the Grand Ole Opry. The bars are fun if you like dancing and an array of music.

6 ~Playa del Carmen, Mexico
I've been twice now and loved it. If you really want to be pampered, have nothing to do but soak up the sun and swim, then I highly recommend an all inclusive resort here. The staff are awesome, and the you will meet the friendliest people from all over the world. Sleep in. Get room service or go down to breakfast. Hang pool side all day, then get dressed up to hit one of the themed restaurants for dinner. The rooms are fantastic!. When you get back from dinner your bed will be turned down, slippers ready and waiting for you. Chocolates on the pillows. It's just awesome. And very affordable.

5 ~ Savannah, Georgia
Back in the late 80s, early 90s there was this TV show called Savannah. I was immediately drawn to this location and have wanted to move there ever since. They have an abundance of Magnolia's and I just have these awesome images of the scenery still in my head some 30+ years later.

4 ~Washington D. C.
Now I've been here before, but I was 14 I believe, the summer before high school. I had my first real boyfriend, and I was not happy to be going on this car trip. Once we arrived, I loved seeing all the monuments, especially Lincoln. I've always been fascinated by Abraham Lincoln. I really wanted to go to the top of the Washington monument, but lazy me said no. When we visited the Capital, Ronald Reagan gave a speech. It was cool to be standing there when he was speaking instead of seeing it on the news. I remember nothing about what he said, but I clearly remember people stomping on the tulips to get closer to seeing the President. I want a do over.

3 ~Hawaii
When I was little my grandmother went and brought me back a Hula Skirt. I have pictures of me wearing it. My mother has also gone, and with all the pictures, volcano's and blue waters it's one of the places I'd like to see with my own eyes. I love to swim and getting to swim there would be amazing.

2 ~ Venice, Italy
Venice is a definite draw! I have picture of Venice in my living room and I am so fascinated by it. I want to ride a Gondola and experience this place. It looks so serene. I keep hoping one of these trips to Lebanon we will stop in Italy for a few days so I can check this off my bucket list.

And the #1 ~ Ireland
I'm Irish, and I've always wanted to go see where my grandfather is from.



FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer

© Copyright 2017 Purple is House Florent (UN: purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Purple is House Florent has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/905326-Bucket-List