*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/905032-February-20-Embarrassiment-on-Presidents-Day
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1954602
I have posted my response to MHWA Mental Health Challenge and other items to this journal.
#905032 added February 20, 2017 at 3:11pm
Restrictions: None
February 20: Embarrassiment on Presidents' Day
Monday, February 20, 2017
Presidents' Day

Author's Disclaimer: Because of all the news headlines, I couldn't resist the title. If you find this title offensive then don't read any farther. If you don't find this title offensive, but expect this to be a political post then don't read any farther because you will be disappointed. That being written, I encourage everyone else to continue reading.


The "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS 50/50 prompt
What is the most embarrassing thing (merchandise, employee, customer, or otherwise) you can recall seeing in a retail store environment? Today's fee is 2000 GPs.

Embarrassiment on Presidents' Day

I haven't encountered a lot of embarrassing merchandise in the stores I go to. Of course, since I do most of my shopping in store that are family friendly they usually place the oversexed merchandise above eye and child reach level. Since I am a short person (5' 5") with arthritis, I can't reach too far over my head so I have to ask someone to reach up and get it if I want to take a closer look. The only time I ask an employee or another customer to reach up and get something for me is when it's a food item that I want to purchase.


The most embarrassing encounters I've had in stores are with customers. I've gotten to the point where it doesn't bother me (much) to see men with their butt cracks showing. Most of the men who wear their pants that low usually wear boxer shorts, which I suspect may be a fashion statement. Women with their butt cracks showing is different because they normally don't attempt to hide the crack. In fact most seem to be proud that they have one.

I've also encountered men dressed as women (they never have their butt cracks showing). Normally I don't find this embarrassing; all though I do find it a bit irritating when the man looks better in the outfit then I would. What I find embarrassing is a male who has to say "Yes, I'm a man!" I've lived in Las Vegas long enough that I can usually tell if the person dressed as female is a man or a woman. I'm getting to the point where I accept the fact that the way a person dresses in public is none of my damn business as long as they have all the essential body parts concealed.

I may not approve of the way people dress, but unless they asks my opinion of their attire I'm not going to say anything or protest. There are a lot more important things to protest or talk about then the fashion statement a person chooses to make.


© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/905032-February-20-Embarrassiment-on-Presidents-Day