*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
4
6
10
11
12
13
14
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/905080-Grocery-Gaffe
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#905080 added February 20, 2017 at 7:22pm
Restrictions: None
Grocery Gaffe?
PROMPT: What is the most embarrassing thing ( merchandise, employee, customer,or otherwise) you can recall seeing in a retail store environment?
          Why yes, yes I have spotted embarrassing things while out partaking of retail therapy. Perhaps a few were of my own making, or that of my inquisitive children. I recall an irresistible fountain, an escalator, and a full length mirror, but I shall merely tease with them...
         Picture if you will a grocery store teeming with shoppers in search of their next meal. Fruit is fondled, vegetables are viewed, boxes beckon, tins are tossed, and expiry dates are examined. Most customers have chosen to dress casually.
          One day, when thankfully I was unescorted, and thus had no kids-with-questions, a senior citizen, undeniably a woman, caught my unbelieving eye. Her hair, dishevelled and white, sprouted from her pink scalp, her brows, and her jutting chin. She exposed herself to my shock as she leaned over a refrigerated bin to rummage amongst plastic-wrapped portions of meat. Shapeless polyester pants were pulled high and snug to under her breasts; pendulous , naked breasts sagging past her hidden waist line. Whoa! There was an absence of a bra, or a camisole, or a vest, or a shirt, or a jacket. Yep, she'd let it all hang out. For some reason, I cannot recall the colour of those hiked pants, but they also dangled, somewhere between her knees and feet. Her feet were encased in sturdy sneakers with loose, lolling laces.
                   No one seemed to be staring directly at her, or engaging her in conversation. Was this politeness? Who were any of us to question her minimal style?

© Copyright 2017 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/905080-Grocery-Gaffe