*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/905710-Hero-women
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#905710 added February 28, 2017 at 11:48pm
Restrictions: None
Hero women
"Hero women

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs

My Blog signature

Pencil signature

Just what it says :


The Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for Wednesday March 1, 2017 is "March is Women's History Month. Write a tribute to a woman you consider a "trailblazer". Tell us why you consider this woman to be a trailblazer."

There are a lot of women who stand out to me. Amelia Earhart because she was a woman performing well in an occupation that wasn't considered womanly at the time. She broke many records that were considered unbreakable and moved modern avionics forward by decades.

Susan B. Anthony who had the guts to say "No"' to the long worn out idea that women should stay home, cook, and have children.

Florence Nightingale whose name was earned because she walked among the wounded soldiers of the American Civil War at night with her lamp trimmed to help the wounded reminding many of a species of bird that came out at night.

Clara Barton, another Civil War nurse who moved nursing into the 20th Century and founded the American Red Cross.

A name that I would be remiss not to mention is author/poet Emily Dickinson whose poetry is still studied as some of the finest ever written.

In the 20th Century let us not forget Valintena Tereshkova who was the first woman in space, getting there just one year after John Glenn historic flight.

Finally my favorite, Harriet Tubman, abolitionist, former slave, and armed spy for the US Army during the Civil War. Tubman proved before the question even came about that women could perform just as well in combat as men.

I could probably go on if I think about for awhile but these are the ones that come to mind right off the top of my head.

Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill Awards

Writing.Com Signature #5

© Copyright 2017 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/905710-Hero-women