*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/905871-Where-Do-They-Go
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#905871 added March 2, 2017 at 8:27pm
Restrictions: None
Where Do They Go
So, where did it go? My blog entry from yesterday, I wrote it shortly before I had to stop my enjoyment and get ready for that alternate world of work. I kind of remember what I had written, and I do remember what I wrote about, but when I logged in my Blog link stated, "(2 days ago)" next to it and the entry is nowhere to be found.

This has happened before, as well. Not often, but once in a great while I'll be sure I made an entry and it's not there. Usually, it's some kind of lunatic rush going on and I just write it off as a simple matter of not saving the damn thing. My fault, plain and simple, no excuses, and no one to blame but self.

But, yesterday was different; I was enjoying myself on WdC, making some comments on some blogs I had read, did a review, and went through my email. I had gotten some replies back to some questions I had asked, so I thanked the senders, then changed some information in my portfolio, my biography, and checked out the two new groups I had joined, the Talent Pond and Blog Harbor. It was getting to be early afternoon and I had to go to work around three in the afternoon, I thought it best to write in my blog and get that done before I had to rush. After I finished I closed out my browser, had lunch, got ready, and left for work.

But it's gone! No entry posted for yesterday... Where did it go?

I suppose, is some distant galaxy, on some alien planet, it will show up. Kind of like the radio waves that travel endlessly through space until some alien civilization intercepts them and listens to the broadcast. Hopefully it's not some Dr. Demento or Wolfman Jack they receive and think or exclaim, "WTF is this!"

Yes, I suppose in some distant place, at some distant time, my blog entry will get picked up and delivered to some alien computer and the alien will look at it and exclaim, "WTF is this!"

Seriously, though, I should contact support; maybe send a nasty letter to the StoryMaster and StoryMistress asking them why they hijacked my blog entry and demand they return it. I mean, what the hell, are they holding it for ransom?

On second thought, maybe I should just double check to make sure I hit save entry before I close out the web browser, as now that I think about it, the only logical explanation is I just plain forgot to save... again.

*FacePalm*


In trying to find a good excuse for being a knucklehead who forgot to save an entry before closing the browser, I went and forgot to express my happiness over getting two verses done on my next poem item. I had set a goal on Monday to write a new poem and add it to my portfolio by Friday. So, yes, I'm happy to announce that I have two verses complete. I was planning on working on it more today, but time slipped past to quickly. But, I do plan on working on it tomorrow and maybe, just maybe, I'll finish it and get it in my portfolio before I have to go to work. That's if I don't forget to save...


© Copyright 2017 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/905871-Where-Do-They-Go