*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/905957-JAI-MAA-JAI-MAA-JAI-MAA
Rated: ASR · Book · Cultural · #2015972
I have tried to summarize my observation with vivid and simple manner.
#905957 added March 3, 2017 at 10:40pm
Restrictions: None
JAI MAA JAI MAA JAI MAA
I can now say from personal experience that the aforesaid statement is literally true. Once in Almora I was graced with Mother's darsana. Mother was then in the Pataldevi Ashram. There was a natural spring below it where we used to go for bathing. Once when I was bathing I heard someone shouting my name from the Ashram above. He said that Mother had been presented with a bottle of jasmine hair oil and was distributing the contents amongst the bhaktas as prasada.
On bearing this I returned to the Ashram as soon as I could, but when I reached there about ten minutes later I found that the contents of the bottle were exhausted and nothing was left for me. Mother however called me near Her and showed me Her palms, which were smeared with oil. I bowed down before Mother and immediately Mother placed both Her palms on my head and applied the oil to my hair saying,
"Have you understood?"
For a moment I could not grasp the meaning of Mother's words, but the idea soon crossed my mind that Mother wanted to convey to me that She had been watching what I did during my hour of worship. It is my usual practice to apply sandal paste to Mother's head on the photo during puja each day just in the same way as Mother had done to mine. With Mother distance does not matter. Mother's watchful eye is ever on those who remember Her.
Here is another incident, which took place in Vrindaban.
I had been to Delhi for some work and hearing that Mother was in Vrindaban, I went there after completing my work in Delhi. As soon as I bowed down, Mother laughed and inquired if all were well at my home. I replied with tears in my eyes that Mother knew it much better than myself. I had left Ahmedabad about a week before and could not give the information Mother desired. Mother gazed at me and in a few minutes spoke,
'It is all right'.
I did not understand the meaning of this at the time. On my return home I learnt that just at the time Mother was making the above inquiry my nearest relative had been to a surgeon for a very minor operation. As chloroform was being given the heart suddenly stopped working and the surgeon believed that the patient had expired. However, artificial breathing was resorted to and the patient began to breathe again in a few seconds. The life, which was regarded as extinct, revived.
I could then understand the meaning of Mother's words, 'It is all right'.
It is well said: 'Nothing is secret from Nature'.
So also from Mother who is not only in tune with the Infinite? But is the Infinite personified. A disciple prayed before Mother for blessings. Mother simply laughed in Her usual Divine way. The disciple went on repeating his prayers, whereupon Mother said: "That you are alive today is due to a saint's blessings and grace. His blessings are ever on you. Remember him and be conscious of his grace. Your mother knows all about this. Ask her." The disciple on his return home inquired from his mother as to the real import of Mataji's words and was surprised to learn that once when he had been eighteen years old he had had an attack of typhoid, being in a very serious condition. The doctors had given up all hope, whereupon his mother, being devoted to saints, hurried to one of them, bowed before him and prayed for her son's life.
The saint was very compassionate and his heart was moved by the heartrending weeping and wailing of a mother praying for the life of her only son, and he gave her some Vibhuti prasada saying: 'God is giving new life to your son'.
It was really surprising how Mother could know all about this, particularly when the disciple himself knew nothing.

© Copyright 2017 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/905957-JAI-MAA-JAI-MAA-JAI-MAA