*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906107-There-are-Trumpkins
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#906107 added March 5, 2017 at 8:47pm
Restrictions: None
There are Trumpkins???
PROMPT: The Sunday News! As people who write things that can be seen on the internet, we understand how important grammar is. The real question that remains, however, is how sick are you of this guy? Pace yourselves, "cuz there's a lot goin' on in there...
         Well, I have the luxury of stating he aint my President, nor am I American. I choose not to follow, listen to, believe, or credit the Donald. What little that seeps into my consciousness does so by unavoidable headlines on the MSN site. I have ascertained that he's an avid tweeter, or is that Twitterer? Ridiculous names for a self-made man pumped full of his own hot air. Yes, he sure likes to trumpet his own horn.
         His poor spelling, and grammar skills are sure attracting attention. Daily, American citizens practise their right to free speech by criticizing their President Elect's feeble grasp of English. Many internet sites have sprung up to jeer him on. There's 'The Slot I 'Hearby' Demand Donald Trump Hire a Copy Editor.' We are welcomed to "Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle." Make America Grammatically Correct Again @TRUMPGRAMMAR. "We correct the spelling & grammar of @realdonaldtrump & the Trumpkins."
          I kinda like some of the nicknames that Trump has amassed. One pundit refers to him as "Creamsicle", and, yes, he does have that odd orange glow. Lately, Mr. President is being called The Deflector-in-Chief because he seems to deflect any close scrutiny by offering up other possibilities. Never mind my behaviour, look at this scape goat.
         Oh, there's no doubt that Donald Trump is a language mangler. He ignores verb tenses, and proper pronouns. He hasn't quite figured out when and where to use a comma. He provides fodder for his detractors, and rabid reporters. The trouble is this is nit-picking. Yes, a statesman representing the States should reflect more before he speaks, and or tweets. He seems to be reactive. Much of this overshadows real political news. What about his policies? Are they necessary? Are they intelligent? Will they ultimately benefit the U.S.?
         Why does Trump favour tweets? Is he appealing to the everyman/everywoman, you know, the everyday people? Is he attempting to speak their language, however lacking it may be? Are they his most ardent supporters? He does seem to fancy himself as an average Joe that worked for his fortune.
         No, I am most definitely not a Trump believer. Yes, his arrogance, and his ignorance are grating. He tries too hard to sell himself. I guess I'm not a Trumpkin.

© Copyright 2017 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906107-There-are-Trumpkins