*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906256-Ahem-am-I-revealing-my-age
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#906256 added March 7, 2017 at 8:27pm
Restrictions: None
Ahem, am I revealing my age???
PROMPT: Talk Tuesday! Which musicians, actors, or athletes do you wish you could've seen perform live while they were still in their prime?
         The musician/singer at the top of my bygone bucket list is Freddie Mercury, the frontman for Queen. Regrettably, I never had the pleasure of seeing him perform, and it's not as if he'll be hitting the road in a reunion tour. The closest I got to anything Queen'ish was the Queen-based musical 'We Will Rock You.'
          Another group I regret never seeing and hearing at a live concert is Supertramp. Their music and songs are still personal favourites. I love to hear their piano notes.
         I miss the good ol' comedy sketch shows performed in front of live audiences. I would've loved to view 'Carol Burnett and Friends' in that charged, improvisational atmosphere. Seeing Tim Conway doing his best to upstage/surprise the other cast members, would've been comedy gold. The ensemble had a great chemistry.
         I also wish I had been an audience member/fan of the Canadian sketch comedy show 'The Wayne and Shuster Hour.' This duo met while attending schools in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. They both graduated with BAs in English from The University of Toronto, and they both served together in W.W.II. Returning home, they worked in radio comedy before branching out into television. They always made a point of staying based in Toronto. Johnny Wayne and Frank Shuster visited 'The Ed Sullivan Show' a record sixty-seven times between 1958 and 1969. Their program was one of the first shows to be featured on the fledgling CBC, and they continued performing in t.v. specials into the 1980's. One of their gags/routines was titled "Star Schtick". Like Carol Burnett, they relied upon physical comedy, slapstick, and dialogue.

© Copyright 2017 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906256-Ahem-am-I-revealing-my-age