*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906413-The-phone
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#906413 added March 10, 2017 at 2:55am
Restrictions: None
The phone
"30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS [13+]
Fun Fact Friday! On this day in 1876, Alexander Graham Bell made the first successful call with the telephone. How much of a factor has the telephone (in all its forms) had in the difference between society now and 140 years ago?

I am of a generation (forty-five plus *Smile*) in which the telephone is not that important. Of corse, I can’t do without to stay in touch with family and friends, but I am not as hooked as the younger generation is on their smartphone. I don’t have one for starters! I still possess a fairly old model Nokia to text and call only. I am not on the internet with my phone. I know I should switch to an I-phone in the near future but for now, the old cell is still working so why bother?

If people want to contact me they can, but the thought of being on that phone 24/7 is just an appalling thought. I like my alone time and wouldn’t want to be bothered with a connection day and night. Although I am at my desktop computer a lot of hours per day. But to me that’s different.

I sometimes even let the phone ring if I am busy. The dictatorship of the phone is somewhat wasted on me.

But I love the fact that an internet connection is possible on smart phones. It’s been a long journey from the pigeon through to postal mail through to the telephone through to the smart phone to stay in touch with people and the world.


Petra & Arie


© Copyright 2017 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906413-The-phone