*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/907064-Postmodernism-havoc-and-words
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#907064 added March 18, 2017 at 6:05am
Restrictions: None
Postmodernism, havoc and words
"30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS [13+]
Creation Saturday! A boss, teacher, supervisor, parent, or spiritual adviser approaches you and says "Nothing is true and everything is possible." What's your response/reaction?

My interpretation as a Theoretical Psychologist would be that the Truth as followed for years in the great stories of the world is losing its significance. It’s replaced by interpretation and consent among people. That’s a post-modernistic view.

Postmodernism is the philosophical proposal that reality is ultimately inaccessible by human investigation, that knowledge is a social construction, that truth-claims are political power plays, and that the meaning of words is to be determined by readers not authors. In brief, Postmodern theory sees reality as what individuals or social groups make it to be.

According to Postmodern psychologists, there is no single, separate, unified self. Rather, we are made up of many selves. The way that we come to this multiplicity is through the collective influences of various social factors, including language, geography, family, education, government, etc. Therefore, rather than having a static nature, we are a social construction.



*Right*Creation Saturday: You're the leader of a vigilante group. Write about a night of crime-fighting where everything goes wrong.(BC)

The setting is "Invalid Item . I am fighting against some Turkish hooligans who take advantage of the explosive situation outside the Turkish Embassy. The situation is very tense and about to blow up. They are molesting policemen, throw in shop windows and generally make a real mess of things. We have to take action against them. We corner them and try to outnumber them. Later the police can do their duty. They arrested the lot. But the havoc is enormous.



*Right*Prompt: Use the following words to write a story or a poem. moonlight, condemn, small, pancake, execute, rotten, strawberry, startle. (BCoFs)

I will execute my task this morning in a small way by writing this blog. I don’t think it’s a rotten idea to use all those difficult words, and I sure as hell don’t condemn it but it startled me and I find it difficult! The truth is I woke up in the middle of the night and watched the moonlight ooze through my chamber. Because I couldn’t sleep afterward I made myself a strawberry pancake and decided to write. So I didn’t sleep much.


Petra & Arie


© Copyright 2017 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/907064-Postmodernism-havoc-and-words