*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/907145-The-Sunday-News-Chuck-Berry
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#907145 added March 19, 2017 at 10:25pm
Restrictions: None
The Sunday News: Chuck Berry
Sunday, March 19, 2017

Another music icon has died!
Chuck Berry stepped through the door
which separate matter and spirit
and ascended into the concert hall of eternity.

The Sunday News prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
It was announced on Saturday that the world lost music legend Chuck Berry   at age 90. Ponder for a second this line in the article I linked- a quote attributed to author Chuck Klosterman: "Which rock star will historians of the future remember?"...now, substitute "rock star" with any given position or occupation of prominence (or, if it suits you, don't) and answer the question. Which will historians of the future remember most easily?

Chuck Berry the Father of Rock & Roll

Chuck Berry epitomized Rock & Roll. His music and his life style scared the shit out of my parents' generation. His music spoke the the souls of my generation for the same reason it frighted the generation before me. Interestingly enough, I don't remember either my parents or my grandparents saying anything derogatory about the music or the artist. Which is interesting since we were Southern Baptist, perhaps not staunch Southern Baptists, but Southern Baptist none the less.


Mr. Berry will be remember for his music and his influence on the music of America and the world. He will be remember for his "bad boy" life because many of the songs he wrote, he wrote from experiences. This is how music and poetry should be written because these genres should reflect the state of the culture and the life of the artist which is influenced by the culture.

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 1102
Chuck Berry, who passed away Saturday at age 90, once said "I grew up thinking art was pictures until I got into music and found I was an artist and didn't paint." I don't really have a prompt for you today; just be an artist in some way with words.

How Do You Know If You're an Artist?

You may be an artist if...
         ...you look at a sunrise
                   and hear choirs of angels singing;
         ...you look at twin towers falling
                   and write odes to the first responders;
         ...you lead the police on a high speed chase
                   and write a song about the experience;
         ...you read a book of sacred scriptures
                   and inscribe your epiphanies in stanza and line.



© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/907145-The-Sunday-News-Chuck-Berry