*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/907196-Dhamma-and-citta
Rated: ASR · Book · Cultural · #2015972
I have tried to summarize my observation with vivid and simple manner.
#907196 added March 20, 2017 at 1:20am
Restrictions: None
Dhamma and citta
In the anthology 'Arahattamagga' Ajahn Maha Bua describes step by step the unfolding of his practice. After many years of intense and dedicated practice the phase to enquire directly into the nature of his self, his 'I'came about very naturally when this center of consciousness arose in a most radiant and attractive manner in his experience.
This is exactly the parallel to Bhagavan's self-enquiry and it opened the door to Nirvana, or nibbana which is the experience of annihilation of a separate self, called mano nasa in Advaita.
THE GREAT FINAL STEP : NIBBANA
The radiance, produced by the convergence of the various kilesas, will be a clearly-perceived point of brightness, a very re- fined radiance that is centered at a specific point within the citta.
In order to eliminate this burden of anxiety and reach a definitive resolution to this matter, ask yourself: What exactly is this radiance? Focus your attention on it until you know.
All allusions to oneself, to the true essence of one’s being refer specifically to this genuine avijjã. They indicate that it is still intact. All investigations are done for its sake. This self is what knows; this self is what understands. This self is radiant, light and happy. “I” and “mine”—the genuine avijjã lies here. Everything is done for its sake. Once it finally disintegrates, so too does the personal perspective. Things are still done, but not for anyone’s sake.
When investigated with sharp, incisive wisdom until its na- ture is clearly understood, this phenomenon will disintegrate and dissolve away in an entirely unexpected manner. That moment of awakening could be called “Enlightenment under the Bodhi Tree” or “The total destruction of saÿsãra’s cemeteries”.
An unimpeachable certainty arises, then. The moment when that radiant center disintegrates, something even more remarkable— something that has been concealed by avijjã—will be revealed in all its fullness. Within the citta, it feels as though a powerful tremor shakes the entire universe.
This crucial moment, when the citta breaks away from all forms of conventional reality, is one of indescribable wonder and magnificence. It is precisely here—at the moment when avijjã is finally extinguished—that Arahattamagga is transformed into Arahattaphala. When the path is fully developed, the fruition of Arahantship is attained. Dhamma and citta have attained complete perfection. From that moment on, all problems cease. This is the nature of Nibbãna.

© Copyright 2017 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/907196-Dhamma-and-citta