*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/907502-Look-Pretty-Steel-Balls
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#907502 added March 24, 2017 at 3:08pm
Restrictions: None
Look, Pretty Steel Balls
Wow, five days since I wrote anything; my last I was thinking about kayaking. Well, the weather has turned colder, but still getting above freezing and the ice is still melting off the lakes, slowly. Still looks like I may be able to get the kayaks out in the water in a couple weeks.

In the meantime, what's the deal with no entry in the last five days? Well, I worked Sunday and Monday, so not much time. I was off Tuesday but had a busy day. I drove my wife to work in the Jimmy, then returned home and pulled my car into the driveway. It had gotten very muddy out by the road and almost impassable, but my wonderful wife dug a trench so the water could drain. I needed to get the car up by the garage so I could investigate a noise it's been making.

The garage is barely big enough to park the car in when it's empty, and since it's packed full, no room at all. So, I had to get the car close to the garage so I could work on it. I was hoping for the best, but it was more towards the worst of my expectations. I jacked it up and removed the left front wheel and rotor and these pretty silver balls fell out. Yes, the front bearing had gone to pieces. So, it's looking like kind of a bigger job than I was expecting.

I did find replacement parts on Amazon for a good price and should have them by Tuesday. So, now it's time to remove the busted part, but that's looking like a difficult job. Before I can tackle it, I need to clean the garage out, since it's become a handy place to just stuff things without taking time to put them away. I'll be working on that this afternoon and hopefully will also have time to work on the car some.

The bad part is, we are now down to one vehicle and it's going to make working this weekend a pain and even more time consuming. I likely will have little time to get back in here to make another entry until Tuesday, if things work well. If not, then maybe Wednesday.

© Copyright 2017 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/907502-Look-Pretty-Steel-Balls