*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/907778-MATRI-GURU-NAMAMAHAM
Rated: ASR · Book · Cultural · #2015972
I have tried to summarize my observation with vivid and simple manner.
#907778 added March 28, 2017 at 12:55am
Restrictions: None
MATRI GURU NAMAMAHAM
Ma had two levels of instructions for renunciants, it seems, one somewhat standard and the other individual and private. The life she established for renunciants was rigorous. Swami Bhaskaranandaji said :

When Ma first takes anyone, she makes you her own through her love and compassion. Then we have to do sadhana. When the fish is in the pot, then....... If you are a brahman, you do the Gayatri mantra. You must not take food from the market. Whatever your caste, you must follow that particular life. Ma was very particular about these things. Ma gave each person instructions to follow very carefully. So once we did Gayatri, it has twenty four words, and we did twenty four lakhs japa. And it took longer than two and one-half years. And then there was a bath three times a day in the Ganga. Even at four o'clock in the morning at Haridwar. And we would have to do everything ourselves- washing, cooking- in one month rotation. And you had to complete the japa before twelve. And after twelve you would worship Lord Shiva. The whole day was so busy. And Ma was saying, "Four and half krores of japa." All these inner things. It was purifying.

Swami ........ananda describe how Ma used to test the sannyasins :

Within a few days of our being accepted into the Ashram, she asked us to go somewhere to do bhiksa, to live only on begging. Now if we were able to do that for years, then she would ask us to do something else. In this way she examined us. Once in Varanasi we came on the veranda where Ma was and there were to bells used during the puja, one triangular and one round. They showed us how to play these, each one different, very difficult. And Ma watched carefully to see how much concentration we have got because concentration is needed for sadhana. She used to keep us writing, whatever is on our minds, and after seven or fifteen days you would read that to her and find how much progress you are making. Jai Maa!!!

© Copyright 2017 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/907778-MATRI-GURU-NAMAMAHAM