*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/908235-Cohen-and-words
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#908235 added April 3, 2017 at 10:05am
Restrictions: None
Cohen and words
*Right*Prompt: Leonard Cohen said, “A state of grace is that kind of balance with which you ride the chaos that you find around you. It’s not a matter of resolving the chaos because there is something arrogant and warlike about putting the world in order.”
What is state of grace for you? Do you agree with both sentences in the quote, and do you think trying to put the world in order is arrogant and warlike?(BC)

Grace is balance to ride the chaos? If he means: ‘Go with the flow and manage to act with it’ I agree. Resolving the chaos would mean you are no part of that chaos, and I think we are indeed part of that chaos. I think there is something arrogant and warlike about putting the world in order but unlike Cohen I don’t think we have a choice other than to do this kind of warlike acts in our efforts to survive life. We are born and wired that way. I think we are an anomaly of Nature, a fluke of Life and we have no choice other than to try to find and fight our way back into it.

We are the only species capable of being arrogant and warlike in our efforts to make sense of our place on this earth. That is not necessarily a bad thing. And it’s not something we can avoid either.

As soon as we balance that ride, i.e. find grace we accept our place amongst the stars and become part of it. When we become part of it we can take care of ourselves in Nature, then we can take care of our planet. Unfortunately, we are not there yet. Because we have trouble accepting our place in the scheme of things we are not capable of taking care of ourselves. We pollute Nature instead of nurturing her. We alienate ourselves instead of act out of love.

Beautiful quote! I was a big fan of Cohen. He had a magnificent voice and his lyrics meant something.



*Right* Prompt: Write something using these words: watch, seduce, small, computer, defraud, steep, phone, amuse. (BCoFs)

In order to make a living this small dealer of watches seduced his clients on the computer by defraud. When people complained about it by phone he usually was amused by their stupidity and laughed. He saw his acts as a normal but steep way of getting things done.


Petra & Arie


© Copyright 2017 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/908235-Cohen-and-words