*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/908458-The-moment-stories-are-made-from
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2000274
Simple stuff, really. Musing uncharacteristically challenged. BLog
#908458 added April 5, 2017 at 4:06pm
Restrictions: None
The moment stories are made from...
My youngest boy was in trouble for tearing up his picture year book that he just brought home so he was told to sit in time out on the stairs. Of course, he threw a fit while sitting there, except that he scratched at his eyes and managed to actually scratch them and one eye swelled up. I had just got home from work and was fresh out of the shower and in my jams and off we go to the hospital emergency. I held on to him for the half hour it took to get into town and for the next couple of hours waiting in the emergency room waiting for service. I know a scratched eye may not have priority but my boy is special needs and doesn't understand things in the same way.

Here is the funny part: We have been trying to pry from my twelve year old information about his school girlfriend and haven't been very successful. We were sitting in the emergency room when a little boy, maybe nine years old, came up and asked my son if he still liked his sister, the girlfriend we were curious about. There it was. The moment stories are made from. They didn't hang out but this was a moment that was very hard for my son to wish away. Boy did he try to make like he wasn't there.
© Copyright 2017 Jimminycritic (UN: jimminycritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jimminycritic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/908458-The-moment-stories-are-made-from