*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/909056-Crackling-sounds-on-my-3rd-Anniversary
by River
Rated: ASR · Book · Comedy · #2090787
Getting to know me.
#909056 added April 14, 2017 at 9:05pm
Restrictions: None
Crackling sounds on my 3rd Anniversary
DAY 1611 April 14, 2017
Imagine crushing egg shells under your shoes. All the crackling and crunching sounds like voices, what are they saying? Could this be like reading tea leaves? Is some wisdom or a look in the future being communicated to you? What egg superstitions do you know about?


An unusual crackling noise is coming from somewhere, it sounds like disgruntled, high-pitched voices are intermingled with the crackling.

“Hey, get off us you big bully!”

I look down at my feet, but all I see is some broken egg shells. Egg shells don't speak, do they? I shift my weight to the other foot moving slightly and crushing more shells.

Crackle, crunch, “ You great lummox, you're going to destroy us all.”

Who are you? Why are you so angry?

“Well, we were carefully blown out eggs, beautifully painted with many colours and decorated with glitter and beads. Now we're just a big heap of shiny dust. We were to be part of the Easter decorations, but you've ruined it all. The Easter Bunny will be furious!” *EggB* *EggG* *EggO*

I'm sorry, maybe I can salvage the situation. I could sweep you up and sprinkle you along the tablecloth, you will reflect in all the glassware and make a lovely background for the Easter baskets. You will get first prize for the most imaginative Easter display this year!

Many tiny voices chattered at once and it was agreed the idea just might work. Once all the crushed shells were in place and the baskets and decorations scattered along the table, I stood back and admired my work.

The Easter Bunny gazed at the table with a buck-toothed smile and put a big First Place ribbon in the centre basket.

There could be some wisdom in this story and I know for certain I will be careful not to step on egg shells in the future.

Superstition:
Hmm, I've heard if you crack open an egg with two yolks, you or someone you know will become pregnant with twins. *Shock2*


Today is my Third WDC Anniversary! What an exciting three years it's been, I've learned so much and made so many friends in this community. Thank you all for the goodies you've sent my way today, you've made this anniversary special.


River *Heart*



© Copyright 2017 River (UN: riverbedwriter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
River has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/909056-Crackling-sounds-on-my-3rd-Anniversary