*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/909589-Fiction-Friday-Ice-in-Her-Veins
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#909589 added April 21, 2017 at 12:26pm
Restrictions: None
Fiction Friday: Ice in Her Veins
Friday, April 21, 2017
The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 1134
Let's have some fun with fictional Friday. Write about a woman who literally has ice in her veins. Is it an ability or a handicap?

Ice in Her Veins

"Doctor Anderson," said Nurse Fry bursting into the head surgeons office. "We have a problem with the patient in Room 221."

"The woman that's scheduled for exploratory surgery at one PM."

"Yes!" Fry pushed the door shut and locked it before sitting down in the chair opposite his desk. "I think we've found the problem that's causing her internal bleeding."

"What's that?"

"She has ice in her veins!"

"Her husband told me she was a cold blood bitch, but I don't think that..."

"Sir, the woman literally has ice in her veins! An ice crystal... sliver emerged from her wrist when I was taking her pulse. It was sharp enough to penetrate the Nitrile exam gloves and my hand."

"Shit!" He picked up his cellphone, accessed his recent calls, and dialed a number. "Commander Fitzgerald, this is Doctor Anderson at the County Hospital. I believe we have a patient here that you might be interested in."

"I'm have her moved to isolation in ICU, with hospital security guarding the room."

"The only casualty we have is Nurse Alicia Fry. I'm assigning her as the woman's private nurse."

"The patient's name is Elizabeth Beatrice Jones."

"Yes, I think her husband is in the Air Force." Doctor Anderson disconnected the call and got up. "Nurse Fry, you and I will be moving the patient to ICU. After we've finished, I'll call your husband and let him know I've assigned you to a special patient."


© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/909589-Fiction-Friday-Ice-in-Her-Veins