*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/909778-The-Blushing-Ghost
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#909778 added April 24, 2017 at 12:51pm
Restrictions: None
The Blushing Ghost
Monday, April 24, 2017
The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 1621
Write a story or poem using the following words: piano, study, gaudy, ghost, bewitch, blushing, tongue, plan

The Blushing Ghost

Even when she was still alive, Rosie embarrassed easily. In fact it was embarrassment that killed her. She was driving down the highway when she saw a naked man holding a sign that read "Will work for clothes!" When she saw the gaudy sign she turned bright read and drove off the road into a steep canyon.

At her funeral her blushing ectoplasm sit on the piano while her Aunt Bewitch played "Emotional Ghost"12, which, oddly enough, had been Rosie's favorite song. Rosie remained sitting on the piano while the mourners filed past the casket.

Rosie floated above the casket all the way to the graveyard. Once at the graveyard, she watch as her friends threw mementos of her life into the grave. After the casket was covered with dirt, Rosie realized she couldn't go through eternity always changing from scarlet to rose to red and back again. She came up with a plan to find a new body. She wanted to enter the body of a dying person so she could die along with them without embarrassment. so she began to haunt ambulances in a metropolitan area. This caused no end of problems to the patients who were the only ones who could see Rosie. She attempted to speak to them in a tongue they could understand. All Rosie was able to do was frighten the hearts, of those on the verge of death, into beating again.

Footnotes
1  Written by Paul Allgood, Baxter Smith, and Lee Whitsel.
2  Sung by Wedlock


© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/909778-The-Blushing-Ghost