*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/909816-Robot--egocentrism
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#909816 added April 25, 2017 at 5:16am
Restrictions: None
Robot & egocentrism
*Right*The person you're most compatible with turns out to be a robot. Did you create this masterpiece or was it sheer luck that you discovered this gem at the local store? How are things going with the perfect companion? Is having the perfect companion everything you thought it would be or boring?(BCoFs)

It would be sheer luck! Having a perfect companion for me would be awesome. I don’t think I would be bored because the robot would be perfect for me. That doesn’t mean necessarily he would do anything I wanted or in a way I wanted it to happen. That indeed would be boring. But then again he wouldn’t be perfect for me.

I already have a perfect animal companion, my dog, so to have another one that fills my needs would be wonderful. If I couldn’t make out the difference between him and another human being I would be very happy. But that would be the deal breaker: he must be talking, acting and looking like a human being. If not then there is no such thing as an ideal companion. He must taste, feel and touch like a man. So it must be a sophisticated robot, not the metal creatures that are developed right now. That won’t do. But I doubt I would be able to fall in love with a robot, so it’s all very hard to imagine.

If the person I was most compatible with turns out to be a robot it says something about me. I am not totally sure I would like what I have become then.



*Right* Prompt: When I was a kid, to put me in my place, I was told, “It is not all about you!” If someone were to tell you “It is not all about you,” what could they mean in general, and to what, do you think, the word “IT” might refer?(BC)

”It’s not all about you” might refer to you being egocentric. The ‘it’ probably means ‘life in general’. Some kids or people are totally involved with their own affairs and don’t have the time or the feeling to be interested in others. If that is the case all the time you may want to correct them and say”It’s not all about you”.

But egocentrism is hard to break in adults, so I doubt if it would be successful to say it. I know that for me I don’t say it to someone who only has eyes for themselves; instead, I distance myself from that other person.


Petra & Arie


© Copyright 2017 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/909816-Robot--egocentrism