*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/910301-Words--raising-kids
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#910301 added May 2, 2017 at 9:33am
Restrictions: None
Words & raising kids
"30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS [13+]
Talk Tuesday! Do you have a catchphrase? Something you find yourself saying often, or are known for saying? How did it come to be?

I find myself using the verb ‘need to, must, ought to’ very often in phrases. In Dutch, there is one verb to describe this and it sounds a bit harsh in everyday speech. As if something is obliged to. In my speech, I can sound a bit strict, but that’s not the intention. So I have to be aware to use another word. I think I caught it from the use of words my father and mother used to use. Especially my father was very strict and I think I copied this from him. Not good at all.



*Right*Finish this ‘I saw myself / stepping onto a movie set of rain imitating rain, / a central fiction.’ by Marjorie Welish anyway you want. (BCoFs)

I saw myself
Stepping onto a movie set of rain imitating rain
A central fiction
I never got wet
But the illusion was right there
A green screen
A musical
Singing in the rain!



*Right*Prompt: “But no one is easier to delude than a parent. They see only what they wish to see.” Karen Jay Fowler, from We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves. Did your parents see what they wished to see, and what about you, if you are a parent? What are your thoughts on this subject?(BC)

I am not a parent, but I worked a lot with troubled kids in the youth sector. It is very difficult to raise kids and to earn their trust. Although I always knew they had a lot of secrets they were hiding from the adults. My parents only saw what they wanted to see, I never could be myself around them. In my youth, there was little trust between us. That changed fortunately over the years.


Petra & Arie


© Copyright 2017 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/910301-Words--raising-kids