*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/910512-Fun-Fact-Friday-Tains-and-Food
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#910512 added May 5, 2017 at 2:25pm
Restrictions: None
Fun Fact Friday: Tains and Food
Friday, May 5, 2017

Happy Cinco de Mayo

The Fun Fact Friday prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
On this day in 1834, the first mainland railway line opened in Belgium. Have you ever taken a train trip? Not like a subway ride, but an actual passenger train? Tell us about it! If you haven't, would you? Where would you like to go?

Train Ride Memories

I rode on a train when I was somewhere between four and six years old. I don't remember why we were riding on the train, but I think we might have been going to visit my Grandma Darbe. I remember getting on the train, setting in the seat beside my mother, and listening to the wheels of the train clickety-clack on the railroad tracks. I remember the whistle and I remember white steam coming from the whistle as we stood on the platform either waiting to board the train or after we disembarked at our destination.


The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 1632
“Cinco de Mayo has to be one of the best holidays in the world. Burritos, tacos, and beer, or maybe a margarita is there anything better?” What's your favorite holiday combination of food ? Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter... Do you have different ones for each season?

Holiday Foods

I enjoy trying the holiday foods of any ethnic group. I especially like trying foods I've never tasted before. It doesn't matter to me how spicy or bland someone (even someone who eats the food all the time) says it is. I don't rely on someone else's opinion when it comes to foods. Just because someone else doesn't like the food doesn't mean I won't. If I don't like the food the first time I try it then I will try it again because I will presume it is an acquired taste which I will attempt to acquire. The only type of drinks I won't try are those containing alcohol because I don't drink alcohol of any type.


The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 1148
How important is a name to you? Did you know there are foods that have been renamed so you will purchase them? Can you think of other things that have been renamed to produce the same likeability affect?
{link:https://www.thefactsite.com/2016/08/foods-that-have-been-renamed-infographic.html

Naming Food

Just because a food has a weird or scary name doesn't mean I won't try it. In fact, a weird name might encourage me to taste the food before an ordinary sounding name would. I don't judge a food by its name. I'm more likely to judge food by the way it's presented on the plate rather then the name it's given. If food looks or smells unappetizing it doesn't arouse the curiosity of my taste buds. A name is just something to give food so that people ordering off a menu or purchasing it in the store can distinguish between other similar or dissimilar items.





© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/910512-Fun-Fact-Friday-Tains-and-Food