*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/910738-Webcomic-Faves
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2091338
A blog for all things personal, informational, educational, and fun.
#910738 added May 9, 2017 at 12:18am
Restrictions: None
Webcomic Faves
Anyone who spend a significant amount of time online has probably come across a webcomic or two. Webcomics can be pretty incredible because the lack of traditional publishing allows them to tell unconventional stories or target niche audiences. I have developed quite a few favourites over the years, although until recent years they seemed to be more constantly evolving. I thought I would take the time to share a few of my current favourites.

Hark! A Vagrant
http://www.harkavagrant.com/
HAV is one of my longstanding webcomic favourites. Kate Beaton mixes literature, history, and pop culture together to hilarious result. My favourites include "Dude Watchin' With the Brontes," "Canadian Steretypes", and her own hilarious rendition of Wonder Woman. As someone who greatly appreciate literature, history, and pop culture, I have yet to find a comic that suits those tastes better than this one. Her website is worth going through, but the collected volumes "Hark! A Vagrant" and "Step Aside Pops" should definitely be given a proper read through, as they offer up much of the best of what Beaton does.

Our Super Adventure
http://oursuperadventure.com/
I only just got into Our Super Adventure in the last year, but I wish I had found it sooner. Most of the posts happen to revolve around the Sarah Graley's home life and relationship, but to marvelous effect. Her rendition of her significant other Stef actually greatly resembles my own significant other, and the relationship dynamics are very similar to my own. With lots of silly language, silly fears, fart jokes, and cat love, it's hard not to relate to these ones for me.

The Oatmeal
http://theoatmeal.com/
The Oatmeal is the one I have been most familiar with for the longest period of time. It will likely always remain among my favourites. At this point, most people seem to be at least somewhat familiar with Matthew Inman's work, particularly given that he has adapted a number of his webcomics to books (like "How to Tell If Your Cat is Plotting to Kill You" or "Why Grizzly Bears Should Wear Underpants"), and he has created his own card game (Exploding Kittens). His content ranges from valid points to sheer nonsense, and I quite like that.

Channelate
http://www.channelate.com/
Channelate is actually the newest find for me on this list. Ryan Hudson's comedy is often dark or quirky, but it's well done, and tickles my funny bone. The bonus panels featured with every entry are an absolute delight, and almost always have a chuckle to add to the initial panel on display. This one also tends to be really active, as well as shared on facebook with every entry, so it's incredibly easy to keep up with new posts.


(I have committed to blogging daily with Give It 100. This is Day Fifteen.)

© Copyright 2017 Lady Elizabeth Mormont (UN: elizabethlk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Lady Elizabeth Mormont has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/910738-Webcomic-Faves