*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/910807-Celebrity-Guinea-Pig-Sure-why-not
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#910807 added May 9, 2017 at 9:20pm
Restrictions: None
Celebrity Guinea Pig? Sure, why not...
PROMPT: Talk Tuesday! Rather than the tired, boring "which famous person would you like to have dinner with" prompt, let's change it around a little... Which famous (but also non-chef and non-domestically focused individual) would you most like to prepare you a meal? Why that person, and what would you make them cook you? They will not be eating with you, but you will have to tell them what you think of the food...
         I'll admit that there were times, numerous times, when I wished that someone else, anyone else would just step in and take over the cooking duties for my family. Day in and day out, it was tedious to make decisions about meals and then execute those plans. So much time is devoted to the shopping, the storage, the preparation, the cooking, and the serving of food. It is compounded by the likes and dislikes, the favourites and the fancied, of each person. Sigh... I had fantasies about a housekeeper. Daydreams of such a saviour teased me, tantalized me. Oh, how wonderful it would be to summon this godsend in the middle of the night, and request a cup of soothing tea... and a slice of invigorating fresh cake. Any flavour would satisfy because I didn't bake it. Of course, since I didn't lift a finger to cook/bake and thus create a mess, I wouldn't be expected to clean up afterwards either... a double bonus/bliss. Am I now being asked to consider this possibility?
         Hmmm, decisions, decisions.... I was raised on sitcom television. I can recall a few people that could fulfill my need for a housekeeper. Going back, more than a few years ago, I remember a t.v. series, 'Family Affair', in which a bachelor takes in young children, and his butler is left to deal with them. It is a learning experience for everyone, especially the proper Mr. French. The kids are not impressed by gourmet meals, or impeccably pressed clothing, or fine wines and the like. Mr. French never gave up, but...
          I kinda liked Alice, the harried housekeeper to 'The Brady Bunch'. She was a whiz at whatever that family needed. She could cook, bake, clean, solve important dilemmas, and still crack a joke.
         The actor, Tony Danza, starred in a series in which he played a single father to a daughter. They needed a home and he needed a job. He became a live-in housekeeper to a single mother with a son. That show was 'Who's the Boss?'. It was funny because it was a man adapting to his new role as a paid caregiver. He struggled to do what women had traditionally done. His employer was a working mom, and the two often disagreed about 'things'.
          I choose Tony Danza to be my famous non-chef for a day. Why not? He is, I believe, of Italian ancestry, and so, I presume he knows a thing or two about pasta, one of my favourite foods. Any pasta would suffice, but let's make it lasagna. My mouth waters at the thought of Lasagna a la Tony. Bummer, very disappointing, that we shall not be dining together!
         As long as Tony cooks with lots of quality cheese, and he doesn't overcook and rubberize my meal, it should be palatable. If I can stomach his food and keep it down, I suppose I will give my compliments to the chef somehow. We're not on letter-exchanging terms, and as it stands any e-mail I attempt to send him would be ignored as trash. Perhaps I could film myself sampling his lasagna and praising it. This could be shared as a YouTube video...? Who's the boss celebrity chef now?

© Copyright 2017 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/910807-Celebrity-Guinea-Pig-Sure-why-not