*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/910889-Wildcard-Thursday-Writing-Everyday--Full-Circle
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#910889 added May 11, 2017 at 12:07pm
Restrictions: None
Wildcard Thursday: Writing Everyday & Full Circle
Thursday, May 11, 2017

“If a nation loses its storytellers, it loses its childhood.”
Peter Handke

The Wildcard Round for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
It's often said that writers need to write every day to become better at it...do you think that's true? Have you ever taken a significant amount of time off from your writing pursuits? What was your experience like in getting back into a habit or pattern of writing more consistently? And if you've yet to experience this sort of vacation from writing, please do tell us how you plan on picking up exactly where you left off, as if you never stopped *Smirk*.

Writing Everyday

When I was in the hospital for the umbilical hernia surgery, I was off the computer for approximately a week. For the first few day after the surgery I was unable to get out of bed, much less write or get on a computer. After I recovered enough to start writing again, it was difficult to get back into the old routine. In fact, I don't think I ever returned to that routine. Instead I started a new routine which is better in some ways. I write everyday, but I think I should be doing more writing then what I do now.


Writing everyday
letting my imagination play
the strings of my muse.

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for Day 1154
What does it mean to become Full Circle? Write about your thoughts on this.

Full Circle

The Merriam-Webster online dictionary defines "Full Circle" as passing "through a series of developments that lead back to the original source, position, or situation or to a complete reversal of the original position —usually used in the phrase come full circle".1 Those of us who are directionally challenged refer to it a "driving in circles" or at other times "running in circles". To "become full circle" means going back to the beginning and starting all over again which is sometimes a good thing and, at other times, a bad thing. It depends on what caused you to start the project or story over again.


Footnotes
1  https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/full%20circle


© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/910889-Wildcard-Thursday-Writing-Everyday--Full-Circle