*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911206-Talk-Tuesday-Sandwiches-and-Tuesday-Morning
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#911206 added May 16, 2017 at 11:39am
Restrictions: None
Talk Tuesday: Sandwiches and Tuesday Morning
Tuesday, May 16, 2017

"Sandwich every bit of criticism between two layers of praise."
Mary Kay Ash

The Talk Tuesday prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
Do you consider hot dogs to be in the "sandwich" category? What about tacos, wraps, or foods served in pita breads? And what, in your opinion, makes a really good sandwich? Are you a simple bread/meat/cheese person, or do you go all-out when creating your sandwich feast?

Sandwiches

Asking if hot dogs are sandwiches is like asking if Venus has clouds. Of course, the answer is "Yes!" A hot dog with relish, mustard, onion, jalapeño, and Colby-Jack is one of the many types of hot dog lunches or dinners I like. I also like to substitute chilly for the jalapeño. As for the cheese, any kind of cheese is good. I prefer my hot dog cheese shredded, but it isn't mandatory. I'll eat a hot dog sandwich with unshredded cheese even though it's more difficult to keep the cheese on the sandwich.


I create a sandwich feast with whatever sandwich makings I have in the refrigerator. Sometimes I may have to improvise or substitute if I don't have everything I want in the fridge, but that's all right because making sandwiches is a creative process. Making a sandwich is like writing poetry, you don't want to write the some form of poem every time you write.

***

Tuesday Morning

Tuesday morning,
the headlines are full of bad news,
no place in the world is safe
from the pollution
of civilization:
even uninhabited
south Pacific islands
are littered
with the plastic debris.


At least,
the hermit crabs are making
the best of it
by taking up residence
is discarded plastic jars.

Author's Note: See 38 million pieces of plastic waste found on uninhabited South Pacific island https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/may/15/38-million-pieces-of-plastic...


© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911206-Talk-Tuesday-Sandwiches-and-Tuesday-Morning