*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911305-Stitches
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2091338
A blog for all things personal, informational, educational, and fun.
#911305 added May 17, 2017 at 9:57pm
Restrictions: None
Stitches
I previously talked about this in my blog post "Moles, but I got titches in my arm, for the first time in my life, after having a couple moles removed. I must say, it's awfully strange, and not at all how I imagined.

First off, the stitches themselves don't really hurt all that much. Not that there's a lot of them, but regardless, the pain from that is minimal. That said, my arm is killing me. If not the stitched wounds, then what, you might ask? The bandages. Medical adhesive irritates the crap out of my skin, and having to wear these bandages all week has been pure hell for me. Today has been incredibly hot as well, which makes the bandages feel that much more irritating, since they're at the crease of my elbow where there's a bit of sweat. (As a side note, is it just me, or do the inner portion of elbows get crazy sweaty? I always wondered if other people had that problem.)

Secondly, I feel like this is actually a writing lesson for me. If I ever had to describe stitches, I think I might previously have failed at that. Now that I've had them, I feel like I could describe them more accurately. The thread itself seems like a thinner version of fishing line, except it's blue. The ends poke up from my skin a fair bit more than I would have expected. As previously stated, the stitches themselves aren't particularly painful, but the bandages are irritating, and I was told I couldn't remove the bandages except to change them until the stitches had been removed. I think it's also worth noting that the stitches are non-dissolving, so I do have to go into the office to have them removed. Having the stitches put in wasn't painful, just a slight pulling sensation, as the area was numbed first (each mole separately, even though they are only about an inch apart), but I do wonder if they're going to numb it for the stitches to be removed, or if that is quick and painless.

Anyway, I just wanted to take a moment to lament, as well as to share my first (though minor) stitches experience. I figured if I didn't know all about it, then maybe someone else didn't either, and knowledge should always be shared.

(I have committed to blogging daily with Give It 100. This is Day Twenty-Two. One day of leave taken total.)

© Copyright 2017 Lady Elizabeth Mormont (UN: elizabethlk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Lady Elizabeth Mormont has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911305-Stitches