*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911467-We-Love-Parties
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#911467 added May 20, 2017 at 8:43pm
Restrictions: None
We Love Parties
Saturday: Plan a party to honor someone who won't be there.


*Dog2*


Hi. My name is char. I live with Apondia. My mother was a Pomeranian. My father was a Jack Russell terrier. I came to live with Apondia when my first family could no longer handle my temperament. Apondia says the word terrier is a synonym for terror. She understands when I act like a Great Dane. *Paw*

Apondia is resting because she has been digging up garden beds all day. Whew, what a job. She planted flowers, squash, zucchini, broccoli, cauliflower and tomato plants today. I had to watch from the dog pen in the back yard. It sure would have been fun to dig in the garden beds.

O.K. O.K. Apondia says get to the point. We are going to have a party to honor Cheech. Cheech was living here when I first arrived. He has gone on to be with Jesus now. Cheech was a special dog. He was part golden retriever but we never found out what the other part was. I think it was wolf. He was also very intelligent. He took care of all the other animals in the household. He even curled up on rugs with the cats for a nap.

Apondia called him the cornfield dog. Because, he was living in a cornfield when she found him. He signaled her car when she drove by so she knew he had been dumped by someone. She contacted the owner of the field who said he had been running loose in the area of the field and farms for about 3 months. When Apondia brought him home his paws were burned flat by the hot tar on the roads and he was so thin him ribs showed.

I was very young when I arrived here. Cheech made me behave and not chase the cats in the house. He invited me to play chase games. When we were outside in the dog pen he taught me how to attract the attention of the neighbors sled dogs. We would sit in the dog pen and bark at them. When they would begin to howl we would join in and howl too. The sound echoed all over the neighborhood. Fun times.

Cheech knew that when he was walking with Apondia in the dark he should watch behind them so no one could attack from the rear.

One time he chewed through a bathroom door because an intruder managed to lock him in the room. The intruder left in a hurry. Oops. The intruder turned out to be one of Apondia's sons who had never met the new member of the family. What a way to get to know Cheech.

So, Apondia decided we would honor Cheech at the party. He was named after Cheech Marin the actor. No one knows why? The name just seemed to fit. I'll let you know how the party turns out tomorrow. Shhh. Apondia is sleeping.


Have a howling good time tonight and at all the parties you are planning. *Dog2* I hope they let us have dog bones at the party. *Crazy* *CupcakeP*

© Copyright 2017 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911467-We-Love-Parties