*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911502-Day-20---Act-and-React-Part-1
Rated: E · Book · Health · #2105270
Follow my struggles and triumphs as I attempt to gain a healthy lifestyle.
#911502 added May 21, 2017 at 11:54am
Restrictions: None
Day 20 - Act and React Part 1
I feel like today's blog is a 2 part blog. Part 1 is for yesterday day 20 and the other part is how I react today. The reaction is the most important because it will determine my progress.

I am very proud of myself for how yesterday went. We were invited to have supper with my in-laws. To prepare for this I bought apple slices, a string cheese, and a bag of pretzels to eat before we headed to their house that is about 60 miles south of us. Then we traveled another 10-15 miles to the small town where the restaurant is located. The name of this restaurant is George's and it has never let us down. The food is always very good and it's cheap. My husband and I shared a 12' pizza and later he had cake but I passed on it. It was chocolate cake and I am not very fond of chocolate cake (of course it is my husband's favorite), but I know that if I don't have a piece I am going to be thinking about it constantly until I have cake and by the time I get the cake I like, I will have drooled over it for a while and will eat it uncontrollably. I decided to opt for a turtle sundae from Culvers instead. My thought process was that if I have something I like as equally as cake, then I won't feel like I missed out on anything and will be content with what I had. Once we got back to our house I had a piece of Dove dark chocolate and went to bed a couple of hours later without snacking.

What's with the Dove chocolate you may ask. It is something I have been doing this last week to signal I am done eating. When I am done eating my meals I am savoring 1 piece of chocolate and as it melts I realize I am satisfied and do not need anymore food and it also ends my meal with a little sweetness helping me to not crave sugar filled foods.

Day 21-The real test

Eating out yesterday gave me a taste of what I have been trying to change the last few weeks. Personally I did not feel confident that I would be able to eat out and then return to my normal habits. Today is a very critical day in the aftermath of yesterday. I believe that if I can successfully eat healthy today that I will be fine. Tune in tomorrow to see how I do!

© Copyright 2017 Carissa Jean (UN: carissasmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Carissa Jean has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911502-Day-20---Act-and-React-Part-1