*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911539-Day-21--Act-and-React-Part-2
Rated: E · Book · Health · #2105270
Follow my struggles and triumphs as I attempt to gain a healthy lifestyle.
#911539 added May 22, 2017 at 2:35am
Restrictions: None
Day 21- Act and React Part 2
I am very excited to share part 2 with you. I knew that today I would be faced with a test. The test being; Have I changed during the last few weeks or not? I am happy to announce I have in fact made significant progress! Given my background of eating out more often than I should and how easy it is for me to sink back into that lifestyle, I was very hesitant when I was invited to a birthday dinner at a restaurant, complete with cake and ice cream to follow. I was afraid I would have a yearning to eat out again. I knew I had to make a conscience decision to get back on track today, and I did it! We went to the grocery store to get food for this week and I could have easily been tempted on 3 different occasions, but I left the store temptation free and the best part is that when I left I had no feelings of numbness. I had simply went to a store, got my groceries, and left. Being my quirky self, once all the cold foods were put away, I played Demi Lovato's Confident and danced to celebrate. I really did feel confident and that is a wonderful feeling, But wait that's not all!

As you know I have been worried about certain days I have planned in my near future. I am afraid these days will throw me back into past habits I have no intentions of going back to. I am particularly worried about spending a week with my parents who always eat out. I have been pondering a solution to my problem since I found out I am going to be going there. Tonight I found my solution. While talking with my mom I asked her, "On average how many times a week do you typically eat out?" She didn't give me a good answer, but she didn't need to. I know they eat out almost daily. What she did say was that she had been meaning to talk to me so we could make a menu for the week I am there. She continued saying that they are wanting to eat better and want to make sure I can continue my healthy efforts while I am there. Once again I have been worrying about nothing.

I have a friend who is spending a week with us in July and I know she is wanting to eat at a few places. Once again I am trying to figure out how to make her happy and to be healthy as well. I guess I know what I will be talking to her about on our next phone call. Who knew trying to live a healthier lifestyle could also teach me stress relief?

© Copyright 2017 Carissa Jean (UN: carissasmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Carissa Jean has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911539-Day-21--Act-and-React-Part-2