*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911560-Motivational-Monday-Burnout-Doubt-and-Compassion
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#911560 added May 22, 2017 at 1:41pm
Restrictions: None
Motivational Monday: Burnout, Doubt, and Compassion
Monday, May 22, 2017

Today is Buy a Musical Instrument day and World Goth Day.

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 1165
“Burnout isn't being overworked or not getting enough rest. Burnout is job-induced depression.” Eric Barker, Barking up the Wrong Tree What does job-burnout mean to you? How can a person deal with it?

Burnout

Job-induced boredom or job-induced depression? Is there a difference between the two issues? When dealing with both boredom and depression a change of scenery helps alleviate both emotions, without solving the problem. The best way to solve burnout, boredom, or depression is a spiritual holiday. By spiritual holiday, I don't mean that the person has to go to a religious retreat. Taking some alone time, going on a cruise, or to a mountain/forest cabin will work. The spiritual holiday should be one that is appropriate to the individual's beliefs about spirituality.


The Motivational Monday prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle  , born on this day in 1859, once said "Any truth is better than indefinite doubt." How do you relate to this?

Doubt

Doubt is always lurking,
it skulks just beyond the circle of light,
at the edge
of the soul's peripheral vision,
waiting
for the glaucoma of fear
to narrow
our spirit's sight.


The "Blogging Circle of Friends DAY 1649
We live in a time when science is validating what humans have known throughout the ages: that compassion is not a luxury; it is a necessity for our well-being, resilience, and survival. Joan Halifax What do you have to say about compassion? What is your opinion of this quote?

Compassion

We live
in an interconnected world,
on an interconnected planet,
with the survival of humanity at stake.


Take a trip to the international space station, and look down upon the earth in all its beauty. Oceans, mountains, forests, valleys, cities, and meadows spread out across the planet. Cities, towns, and villages are interspaced among the other attributes of Earth. The artificial boundaries we see on globes and flat maps don't exists. From the international space station, the Earth appears as one country. Compassion for our fellow man is necessary because humanity is one family.



© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911560-Motivational-Monday-Burnout-Doubt-and-Compassion