*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911591-The-Party-That-Wasnt
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#911591 added May 22, 2017 at 7:49pm
Restrictions: None
The Party That Wasn't
May 21st Prompt: Creation Weekend! Tell us how the party went...
          Yikes, remember the sweet sixteen shindig I envisioned? It was a disaster. It crashed, and spluttered...
          Okay, first of all the big top, the party tent, collapsed .Apparently, it was not rated to handle a snow load. That was quite a surprise, as was the snowstorm itself. Flurries are not expected to arrive May 8th. Actually, the canvas was flimsy. People in formal attire do not like pushing and clawing their way free from the weight of a limp, floundering tent.
         The band I hired was a no show. They got lost, and wandered aimlessly along miles and miles of deserted back roads, sliding in slippery slush. Unfortunately, they relied upon a faulty GPS. Huh, city folk... So, I had to scramble and find a substitute... A father and son team of D.J.s graciously agreed to provide our dancing tunes. It was a little difficult to hear them since they dropped one of their speakers in the snow, and their amplifier never did warm up.
         All in all, the dancing carried on for a full twenty minutes before the crash. That was just enough time for a brief brawl and dust-up. Dress clothes do not come with manners, and there had been a misunderstanding. Some people just cannot accept a compliment.
         Sigh, the party favours, the food and the beautiful birthday cake didn't survive the wet weight of the crumpled canvas. There was to be no taste whatsoever.
         Sydney , you didn't miss a thing.

© Copyright 2017 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911591-The-Party-That-Wasnt