*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911834-Day-26---Damn-Commercials
Rated: E · Book · Health · #2105270
Follow my struggles and triumphs as I attempt to gain a healthy lifestyle.
#911834 added May 27, 2017 at 1:19pm
Restrictions: None
Day 26 - Damn Commercials
Overall yesterday was a very good day. I ate vegetables for a snack and that never happens. I had peanut butter on celery. When I think about it its crazy that I never prepare this snack for myself because getting the peanut butter on the celery is messy and I feel it takes to long, but I have came up with a way that is more efficient and less messy to get the peanut butter on the celery. I take a plastic sandwich bag, spoon in the peanut butter, a then cut a small hole at one of the corners. It's the same concept as bakers piping frosting. The best part is that it's fast. I was finished in 5 minutes!

My husband sprung a spur of the moment grocery trip on me last night. For not being prepared we did very well. Within moments of walking in the door they had an enormous pile of my favorite sugar cookies. They were sitting on the floor and had to stand 3 or 4 feet tall as well as 4 feet wide. At the beginning of the month if I would have seen all those cookies I would have went crazy and not purchasing them would have put me in a bad mood. Last night I walked past them and it didn't bother me. I had a small yearning, but it quickly vanished. My husband and I split up when we entered the store, so right before we left I showed him the mountain of cookies that I had walked past. That was a great feeling! However, there was one item we shouldn't have picked up and the only reason we did was because of a damn commercial that accomplished it's job.

The most recent twizzler commercial is of people just sitting in a white room. The people have a serious look on their face and then from the side of the screen they are poked with a twizzler. As the people begin to smile and laugh you hear a man say, "You can't be serious with a twizzler." From the first time my husband saw this commercial he has thought it would be fun to poke someone with a twizzler and he makes a comment every time we see it aired. Last night we bought a package of twizzlers. They were so fresh and tasty that I couldn't stay away from them. I ended up eating the whole bag over the course of the night. Knowing I did this does upset me, but not like it used to. Before I would beat myself up to the point of depression and an attitude of I don't care. It would have taken me a week or longer to pick myself back up. Today I look at it as a learning opportunity. While I have made a lot of progress, there are still some things I cannot control. I bought the twizzlers, I ate the twizzlers, and at the end of the day I cannot change anything and am forced to move on. It's up to me to chose how I move on.

P.S I exercised yesterday and I love the energy it gave me. YAY FOR EXERCISE!


© Copyright 2017 Carissa Jean (UN: carissasmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Carissa Jean has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911834-Day-26---Damn-Commercials