*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911861-The-Opposing-Forces
Rated: ASR · Book · Cultural · #2015972
I have tried to summarize my observation with vivid and simple manner.
#911861 added May 27, 2017 at 11:54pm
Restrictions: None
The Opposing Forces
The Opposing Forces - Vibhishana

Bhagwan Valmiki through the Ramayana (Journey of the Soul) was describing the science of Yoga or Union with God. This sacred spiritual science is still far beyond the comprehension of the vast majority of mankind.

The Ramayana is a process which takes place on your bodily field of activity particularly your Spine along the seven centres of consciousness of which six are known as the 'Chakras.' Each of these Chakras has a positive and negative aspect, in addition on one side of the Spine (North or Ayodhya) there is the positive attribute or buddhi and on the other side (South or Lanka) there is the negative attribute or manas state of the mind.

Ravana who represents Ego & Lust is ultimately human ego consciousness and hence confusion interacting with the external world of Maya and sits in the Mooladhara Chakra or Lanka which is South of the Spine at the base. The two most predominant Gunas which sit on the surface of the human body are Tamas (Ravana, the negative attribute) and Rajas (Kumbhakarna, the neutral attribute).

When Soul consciousness awakens from the delusion of Maya and beings to realise its true abode on earth as a human sentiment being the sleeping Sattva Guna (Vibhishana, the positive attribute) awakens and a tug of war battle begins between the Three Gunas.

Practically Maharishi Valmiki was highlighting the psychological struggle the mind fights to retain control over the Mooladhara Chakra. One day you are deep in meditation the next you are arguing with yourself that you spent one hour meditating yesterday and therefore you have a free pass today, you favour sleep and food over Yoga Sadhana, but with one-pointed concentration the Sattva Guna (Vibhishana) argues with the Tamas Guna (Ravana) that it is not right action to favour the senses over your Yoga Sadhana. This was the purpose of Vibhishana.

When the Rama Setu bridge is created i.e. the link between the Mooladhara - Svashistana - Manipura Chakras are made then your inner awakening realises certain truths about how to battle against the Ego (Ravana)

© Copyright 2017 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911861-The-Opposing-Forces