*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/912494-The-Happy-Holiday
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#912494 added June 5, 2017 at 5:17pm
Restrictions: None
The Happy Holiday
Monday, June 5, 2017

"Be happy for this moment.
This moment is your life."

Omar Khayyam

The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 1663
The Happy Holiday - Takes this wherever you want.

The Happy Holiday

The whole world needs a happy holiday where everyone celebrates the joy of being alive. When I was growing up all the holidays I celebrated with Grandma and Grandpa Newland were happy. As I grew older, especially when we move from Blackwell to Shawnee, the holidays became less happy and became a chore. They because a chore because I had to pretend to be happy when I wasn't. If I didn't pretend to be happy someone, usually one of my sibling, would think I was mad at one of them. It wasn't that I was angry, it was just that I no longer enjoyed whatever holiday we were celebrating.


On the Happy Holiday
The whole world sings, laughs, and prays;
Everyone shares joy's prosperity.

I didn't start enjoying celebrating holidays again until I became a Baha'i. I enjoy celebrating the Baha'i holy days and holidays. I especially like celebrating Ayyám-i-Há, Naw-Ruz, the Birth of the Bab, and the Birth of Baha'u'llah. I also enjoy going to the Nineteen Day Feast and Spiritual Services at the Baha'i Center. When I go to any of these events I'm happy just to sit and listen to the spiritual readings and prayers. I also like the spiritual and social portions of the Feast.

© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/912494-The-Happy-Holiday