*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/912768-Thankful-Thursday-Gratitude-on-Lifes-Journey
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#912768 added June 8, 2017 at 2:48pm
Restrictions: None
Thankful Thursday: Gratitude on Life's Journey
Thursday, June 8, 2017

“Cultivate the habit of being grateful for every good thing that comes to you, and to give thanks continuously. And because all things have contributed to your advancement, you should include all things in your gratitude.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for Day 1182
Life is a journey, not a race. What are your thoughts about this?

Gratitude on Life's Journey

Today I am thankful...
         ...that life is a journey and not a race.
         ...that each day is a chance to brighten someone's life with a smile.
         ...that truth, is indeed, stranger then fiction because what mystery or crime writer would think of having a Russian or any other mob busted for chocolate trafficking: see "Russian mobsters trafficked 10,000 pounds of chocolate: feds" http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/russian-mobsters-trafficked-10000-pounds-of-....
         ...that on June 8, 1949, George Orwell's dystopian novel Nineteen Eighty-Four was published.
         ...that I learned a new word today. I read the story "Lit AF peacock gets away with breaking $500 worth of liquor" http://mashable.com/2017/06/08/peacock-in-liquor-store/#Z1li.XUabkqq and found out that a peahen is a female peacock. Usually it's the males that put on the biggest show, so one doesn't usually look at the females or even ask about them.
         ...that if I'm having problems finding something to laugh about all I have to do is log into Facebook. I know that someone on my friends list will post something funny.
         ...that I can raise my level of tranquility by taking a short or long walk up or down the block everyday.
         ...that if I want or need to read something inspiring and thought provoking I can access the website Beyond Foreignness http://beyondforeignness.org/
         ...that if I look hard enough, I can find, at least, one thing about every person in the world to like. Sometimes I have to meditate and pray for the person, but usually (there are a few people I'm still working on) find something about that person to like. Finding something about other people, especially those you deal with on a daily basis, to like is important when it comes to dealing with that person as an equal.
         ...that miracles happen everyday; it's just that sometimes you have to look for them or believe there happening to find them.

© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/912768-Thankful-Thursday-Gratitude-on-Lifes-Journey