*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
19
20
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/912926-Doppelgnger
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#912926 added June 10, 2017 at 6:55pm
Restrictions: None
Doppelgänger
Prompt: Creation time, folks ... Pick two of your favorite genres and blend them to write a cross-genre piece. Use a current event as a basis for your writing.

===============


Current event: Small Bookstores are opening again.
http://bookweb.org/for-the-record
https://theculturetrip.com/north-america/usa/articles/50-unique-independent-book...

Genres: Paranormal and Romance

----------

Doppelgänger


She was waiting for him at the end of the Fantasy Books section, raking her hand through her ash blonde hair, flattening it to her head by constant stroking, but as much as she tried to look at ease, she was electrified.

She was also keeping an eye on what she could see through the opening to the main floor. Had anyone seen them? Her face was still hot, and she felt adrift; after all, that passionate kiss from her employer was unexpected.

Finally, his thin frame appeared from among the shelves. “I found it,” he said, handing her the book. “This is about the doppelgängers. Read it, so you’ll know it wasn’t me who kissed you. I wouldn’t do any such thing. I am married with grown children, after all.”

To take the book, she stretched her hand, but a jolt of a current hit her when their fingers touched. He touched her arm with his other hand as a heartening gesture. “Don’t worry!” he said, walking away and leaving her astounded. She slowly touched the place on her arm where he had briefly laid his hand.

She had whole-heartedly trusted his words and believed in the existence of supernatural things, but she so wished it hadn’t been his doppelgänger.

© Copyright 2017 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/912926-Doppelgnger