*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/913038-Time-Management-for-Writing
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#913038 added June 11, 2017 at 4:27pm
Restrictions: None
Time Management for Writing
PROMPT: Have you ever put off anything important because you were writing? How serious is your WDC addiction?

============

My WdC addiction is such that, even in the busiest of days, I check in or rather peek in at least three times or so.

And, have I ever put off anything important because I was writing? Let me count the ways. *Laugh*

The first thing to go, usually, is the housework. I used to like a clean orderly house, but forget it, even though I am retired now. If I have something to write, writing is the first priority. The ironing I cut down to minimal, and with the cooking, I always invent shortcuts even if I don’t know them...with questionable results sometimes, but what the heck!

I also do not take phone calls, which I don’t like to talk on the phone anyhow, and I don’t write letters to friends to be sent by snail mail, which I used to do way back when. It is usually the FB messages or rarely e-mail, nowadays.

And once, because I was doing the NaNo that year, I made my husband cancel a trip in November; instead, we went earlier, in September. It worked just fine. The weather was milder, to begin with.

Only with writing in this blog, although the writing doesn’t take more than a few minutes, I make the writing fit inside my everyday life, which explains why, sometimes, I post two to three days answers altogether in one blog entry. The bottom line is it gets done one way or another.


© Copyright 2017 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/913038-Time-Management-for-Writing