*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/913365-Thursday-Thoughts-on-Life-Love-and-Law
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#913365 added June 15, 2017 at 2:26pm
Restrictions: None
Thursday Thoughts on Life, Love, and Law
Thursday, June 15, 2017


The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 1673
Write your entry using these words: life, love, and law.

Life, Love, and Law:
Contemplations on Being a Baha'i

This year, 2017, Baha'is across the world celebrate the two hundredth anniversary of the Birth of Baha'u'llah and in 2019 Baha'is will celebrate the two hundred anniversary of the Birth of the Bab. This year we will celebrate the twin holy day on October 21 and October 22. This year, in honor of the Birth of Baha'u'llah, I begin an new journal titled "Bicentenary Poems and Prose. My goal in creating this journal is to show the importance of both Baha'u'llah and The Bab in the life of a Baha'i.


I have been a Baha'i for over thirty years, all though it seems longer. Since becoming a Baha'i my opinions of numerous things have changed while I struggled to live a Baha'i life. I have not always succeeded in this struggle, but I continue to pursue the goal. In 2012, my mother's soul ascended into the Abha Kingdom1, and my life appeared to float, without making any progress, for about a year. I finally got out of the house in 2014, but my health was in the decline. During the years I took care of Mom, I ignored my own health issues and needs.

It is 2017, I am in better health because I am now taking care of myself. My financial situation appears to be improving. I am learning to let go of past mistakes and regrets. I am attempting to do a better job of placing everything in Baha'u'llah's hands while I attempt to understand and follows the laws He revealed during His years on earth. I am attempting to love show my love for God and Baha'u'llah through my actions. I am attempting to love humanity, my family, and myself; it is easier to love God and Baha'u'llah. However, in order to love them I have to love and forgive both my family and myself.

Footnotes
1  Baha'i term for heaven.


© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/913365-Thursday-Thoughts-on-Life-Love-and-Law