*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/913525-30DIC-Day-17-The-Way-Out-Is-In
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #2072393
The catch-all for items related to and/or inspired by the music that shaped me.
#913525 added June 17, 2017 at 7:19pm
Restrictions: None
30DIC Day 17: The Way Out Is In
** Image ID #2123241 Unavailable **          Blog City image large


PROMPT: "Creation Saturday, as Norb loves to call it over in the "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS....Write a STORY or POEM that begins with 'There was only one way out'."

WOOOOOO! What is up y'all? That's right, it's a good ol' 30DBC-style Creation Saturday prompt from my friend Lyn's a sly fox , and it looks like I can write one simple entry and take care of two prompts...or three, if you include this entry counting as part of my submission for "The Bard's Hall Contest *Delight*. That makes me feel like I've accomplished a mad amount of things today, when all I did really was write a poem and dick around on the internet most of the afternoon.

Wait...that's not true. I actually did do things today. Like I've done most every other Saturday this month (why does saying that sound like there have been at least 38 Saturdays this June?) I went down to the Cortland Farmer's Market...and again I was denied cinnamon rolls on account of their poor planning. So in my head I swore a lot (since it's not nice to swear at people, especially if you're not sure if they're the problem or not), and then I took my feet and the rest of my body a few blocks further down the road to the 7-11. It was a nice day, and it's one of those bigger ones with a dining area and everything...not one of those old-school cramped ones where the cashier station is like half the store. Oh, yeah, anyway, bigger selection of goods than the closer stores I usually visit. So I got the baked goods there. Not the same, but screw the farmer's market.

I also made a few other stops...one of which was the local organic healthy food place I've mentioned before. I may have bought seaweed snacks. And I may be considering eating them in front of a camera if I can come up with a solid reason to. Like, a charitable reason. Say, x-amount of GPs to y-charity equals video of me eating seaweed. If you've got suggestions regarding this I'd love to hear them...there's plenty of room in my comments section for your input.

So that was the day. Oh, and a poem. You'll notice that in "Also Mutants this item is followed by the notation (v.2)...that's because I wrote two versions of it, side by side in my notebook. Mainly to add a couple lines and adjust the spacing of the breaks a little. No major revamping, no mysterious scribbling, nothing for the ultimate collectors to span the globe trying to get their hands on and figure out. I'm only telling you about it so I have something else to add to this entry, and make it look like I accomplished even more than my already pseudo-accomplished Saturday looks. WOOOOOO!

30-Day Image Prompt.


The Way Out Is In

There was only
one way out-
         your words-
and I knew it.
Sometimes life presents you
         a situation
with just one chance
to make something happen.
I was determined
         to be the man.
I was determined
         to beat the man.
Once I got close...
once I got a taste
         I knew
I had to go all the way.
The hard way.
No turning back.
It wasn't a pledge
         or a promise,
but a new lifestyle.
There was only
one way out-
         your words-
but to me,
it was my only way in.


         "The Way Out Is In (v.2) from "Also Mutants.

Blog divider.


I'm officially going on record as saying No. 4 is the best Stone Temple Pilots album...even better than Purple, which for years I'd always considered superior. But I think this album has aged just as well, if not better. You can fight me on it if you want, but I'm tellin' ya you're gonna lose. And this isn't even the best song off No. 4 either; it's just the one that happens to fit the damn entry (and if you wanna know what the best song on the album is, it's "Church On Tuesday", but we'll save that for another day...like a Tuesday, perhaps).

"No Way Out"   -Stone Temple Pilots

"I'm going under; I'm suffocating...
drowning but i'm holding on."


For the blog.


*Bulletgr* *Cow* Can we talk about milk for a minute? Why did I have to see this article this morning telling me basically skim milk is bad for me  ? Look, I don't even drink milk...the thought of a glass of milk is enough to make me gag. But I like it in my coffee, and I do eat the occasional bowl of cereal, so when I buy milk, I buy skim milk because I gotta get back down to my girlish figure *Ha*. I don't get this world sometimes. Down is up, left is right, hate is the new black, and less fat in your milk is bad for you. What's next, science? Are you gonna tell me snacking on milk and cookies   is gonna make me smarter? If that's the case, I'll learn to get past my milk-in-a-glass phobia.

*Bulletgr* *Vinylb* Hey, I really wasn't gonna say anything much about it, but I read something today and it kinda makes me sad...y'all might've heard of a group called the Soundtrackers here on WDC. I can't link to it anymore because the founder, Beth (The Wytch), has left WDC. It was a great group and I met a lot of cool people through it at a time when I was just starting to really increase my presence and get involved in more activities and stuff here. ♥Hooves♥ wrote a nice little entry about it today in her blog ("Invalid Entry) and if you run a group or forum I highly suggest you check it out. WDC is absolutely, hands down, the best, most inclusive website anywhere on the internet...go to any other website of any kind and look at their comments section, and tell me after about 43 seconds of that you're not disgusted by how crazy the rest of society is. Compare that with the environment WDC offers...no one should ever feel alone or left out here. Many of you, even if I don't see you all on a daily basis or chat too often with, I consider to be among my best friends. And I'm not sayin' it's gotta be like that for everyone, in every forum or activity, but keep it in mind...we're all here for reasons. Let's be welcoming and understanding. And Beth, I know you probably won't see this, but we miss you and everything you did for the community. You're a great person with an intelligent blog, a great sense of humor (your SPAM poetry rounds were always hilarious), and without you I might not have run into people like Charlie ~ , Cinn , Sally , ♥Hooves♥ , Kit of House Lannister , and everyone else that's ever been a Soundtracker. It was the one thing I truly always looked forward to, and I'm sorry it's gone with Beth.

*Bulletgr* *DropV* So this is disgustingly fascinating...some students in Taiwan have been collecting polluted water from different sources and froze them into popsicles   for the purpose of basically calling attention to the effects of rapid urbanization. Don't lie; you know some of them look cool as hell and if they smelled nice you'd be super tempted to jam one in your facehole and get your tongue all over it. You know it *Smirk2*.

*Bulletgr* *Key2* And finally, cuz I love all y'all so much and don't ever wanna see you get stuck anywhere with no escape, I want you to have these 40 completely useless life hacks  . Consider it my weekend gift to you, in the name of our continuing friendship *Proud*.

Ok, well, now that I've wasted a whole ton of time because it's a Saturday and no one WDCs hard on Saturdays, I'm gonna go bother Kit of House Lannister (she'll say I'm not bothering her *Bigsmile*) and send her more obscene cat gifs and pics...apparently my Facebook feed this morning was full of them and needed presenting in front of me over my morning coffee. That's what she gets for being amazing *Heart*. Peace, keep it, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!


© Copyright 2017 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/913525-30DIC-Day-17-The-Way-Out-Is-In