*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/913640-Motivational-Monday-My-Motivation-for-the-Week
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#913640 added June 19, 2017 at 11:17am
Restrictions: None
Motivational Monday: My Motivation for the Week
Monday, June 19, 2017

My Motivational Quote for the Week of June 19-23, 2017

"We ask God graciously to grant that all may evince such fairness of character, such goodliness of deed and kindliness of word as will meet with His good pleasure. It hath been decreed that the citadels of men’s hearts should be subdued through the hosts of a noble character and praiseworthy deeds. Contention, discord, strife and sedition have all been forbidden in the Book of God. Beseech the Lord that He deprive not His dominions of the effulgent light of the sun of trustworthiness, nor deny them the radiance of the Day-Star of truthfulness or the splendour of the orb of justice and equity. Trustworthiness and piety are even as two luminaries shining resplendent above the horizon of the heaven of the Tablet in which are inscribed the ordinances of God. Well is it with them that have discerned them, and woe betide the heedless!"
Bahá’u’lláh1

It's Motivational Monday, again, which means I need to find motivation for writing and other activities. The writing motivation isn't the problem. It's the motivation for the other activities such as cleaning off my desk, taking a morning walk, etc. Usually I get the walk motivation from taking a grocery bag of trash to the dumpster in the alley, but that works only when I have a small plastic bag of trash to put on the seat of my walker and roll to the alley. As I found out this morning, I'll need to find another motivating force for the days I don't have to take out the trash.


Motivational Goals for the Week of June 19-23, 2017
Posted at "Weekly Goals.

*Box* Create and post a minimum of 2 entries to "Invalid Item.
*Box* Review a minimum of 35 items for the week with 5 of those written by newbies.
*Box* Finish story for "Quotation Inspiration: Official Contest.
*Box* Write between 1-5 poems for my "Write 200 poems dedicated to Blessed Beauty before October 22, 2017." And post those poems to "Bicentenary Poems and Prose. I've already written 2, so I have only 198 to go.
*Box* Post a minimum of 3 entries to Poet999 - A Butterfly Emerges From Her Cocoon  .
*Box* Squelch the voice of negativity that tells me "You can't accomplish all these things within five days."

I know there were several, non-writing, goals I didn't put on that list. Just because I didn't put a cleaning or paperwork activity on the list doesn't mean I can't or won't do it. I have a bad habit of not writing everything I need to accomplish in a week on the goals list I post on Monday. This week I have to complete paperwork to see if I can get help with the electricity bill. I'll start part of the paperwork today because I think I need to include a couple of things in the envelop. I don't think there will be a problem finding them because all I have to do is print them out. I may have to call tech support to see why I can print out my bank statements.

Footnotes
1  Baha'i Words for June 19, 2017.


© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/913640-Motivational-Monday-My-Motivation-for-the-Week